Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn this thing sure is heavier than it looks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
Putting in a gocart?

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Thank you for the reminder, but we had already figured out the latest bear's name is Victor, for Victory. We got it about three hours ago, before we read your post.
Even the spare engine for my XS400 is heavy. I miss the light weight 2 strokes.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
Is that a spare or out of one of the two you currently have on the
road leaving just one on the road???

Nope, can't be out of one of your Visions anyway. So what's it
out of?

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the engine out of this 20 year old Victory V92 that I acquired more or less by accident. It runs great, rode great until I changed the filthy oil, 5 miles after that something went wrong in the transmission and it started making bad noises. I guess the dirt was holding it together!
I was given a complete set of transmission parts that were removed from a working v92 engine when the transmission was updated, the only thing wrong with that one is 2 worn shift forks. So I'm hoping that something else broke in this one and I can fix it with the parts from that one and my forks and get this classic back on the road.
If not I'll start selling it off as parts.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Oh my gosh I adore your tow vehicle!

It's amazing how heavy engines can be. When I got the spare engine with my Vespa I saw myself carrying it up into my apartment. HA, nope! I had to grab my appliance dolly and drag that sucker up to the third floor.

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not my tow vehicle, I asked a friend if I could come over and borrow his trailer, instead he just showed up with it on his car and hauled the bike home for me. My tow vehicle is a little bit less stealthy, I drive a bright orange Subaru CrossTrek

Oh my gosh I adore your tow vehicle!

It's amazing how heavy engines can be. When I got the spare engine with my Vespa I saw myself carrying it up into my apartment. HA, nope! I had to grab my appliance dolly and drag that sucker up to the third floor.

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
That trailer looks exactly like a stake-side I built over 30 years ago. Was simple 4x8 but it was a Harley hauling son of a gun. The guy I sold it to is still using it and won’t let it go simply because it is just the right size and tracked like you wouldn’t believe.

I was surprised as I just used the rear end I took out of my 53 Chevy pickup and really had no idea what to do next. But that’s when I got my cutting torch and cracker box welder and hauled metal out of my 77 Blazer with the rear seat removed.

First major fabrication. Many a mistake then and since but it is how you learn sometimes.

·
On The Road Again!
4,189 Posts
Now that would be fun!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Had a friend who built a go cart for his grandson. Put a Rotax 440 ultralight aircraft engine on the thing.
I told him he was nuts.
Luckily he tried it out himself before giving it to his grandson.
The first time he tried it, he put his foot down and shot down the length of the backyard, with the front wheels in the air like a baby drag racer!! Ended up in the bushes at the end of the yard.
That was it's one and only run!!! LOL!!!!
Back to the shop for a smaller engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts