Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a lot of looking at bikes and I have decided that I am going to go look at some Triumphs when I complete my class and get endorsed in about two weeks. So far my favorite (I think) is the Scrambler with the two tone paint scheme, dual pipes on one side, and the chrome engine. I think it looks really sharp and I like how bright it is. I also like the similar look in the Bonneville, and recently I have taken a liking to the Thruxton, with the skunk stripe down the middle. There is a pretty cool red/white one for sale near me.

So aside from the looks and exhaust combinations, can anyone tell me if there are any real differences between the three models? I know the Scrambler was built on the Bonneville frame...does the Thruxton use essentially the same frame as well? I was told that one of the three was detuned and has less power than the others. Is this true? Also, the Thruxton is considerably more expensive and, as a result, used models appear to command more money as well. Anyone know why this is?

These are the things that keep me awake at night. Please discuss ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts