Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, newbie Smogri here located in Northumberland, UK.
66 years young next birthday coming up in August.
Not currently riding much these days on account of being full time sole carer for my darlin' wife who's now in her 8th year since Dementia diagnosis in 2013. But very much still actively building bikes to help keep me sane. Mostly into building vintage-inspired small capacity custom bikes from the ground up.
Hopefully this is the place to share progress pics of my creations and check out what others are building.
Other than several of my own one-off builds stashed here, I currently own Kawa Drifter 800, Honda Solo import, Moto Guzzi Motoleggera. Also started dabbling in the 'lectric bike scene with a debut custom bobber build. That old dog, new tricks BS doesn't apply.....

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,655 Posts
Welcome from Kansas!

Interesting bikes!

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,212 Posts

Interesting collection. (y)

Reactions: Smogri

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,578 Posts
Nice looking rides, but you have too much furniture in your garage. :)

Reactions: Smogri

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.
Wife Jen's dementia means we're virtually house-bound and she can't be left on her own for more than a few minutes. Not having a garage here meant the only solution was to resort to building my bikes indoors whilst still being able to keep an eye on her.
Sharing space with 5 bikes here presently. Another 3 safely in storage elsewhere in town. Now I can't imagine life without a Kawa Drifter 'art installation' in the lounge. ;) Or an engine on the kitchen floor. Not a single complaint from Jen is about the only upside to this horrible illness.

·
THEE Professional Shadow Moderator
1,840 Posts
So sorry to hear about your wife's illness. I can't truly relate but I know there are some other forum members who can. Very nice looking place! It looks like you're making the best of a bad situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts