Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my name is Tony,

I'm from Bloomington MN, so there is not any riding going on right now. I got my MC endorsement about three years ago and have been riding as much as I can. It's about time, I first had my MC permit in 1999 when me and a friend both said we were going to buy motorcycles. Of course it never happened for either of us and the permit expired. I have rented a few bikes over the years and have also been riding my father in laws motorcycles. He used to have a BMW F800GT and currently has a BMW F650 GS. Both are very nice bikes and I would love to own a BMW someday.

One of my favorite rides that I have done so far was from Minneapolis up to Grand Marais on the 650. Someday I would really like to make the trip around Lake Superior. Of course there are many other trips I would like to take.

I just recently got my first motorcycle, a 1983 Honda XL185s. It's kind of a neat bike that I need to decide if I want to bring it back to the dual sport bike and license it or leave it how it is and just use it as a pit bike. Someone turned it into somewhat of a cafe racer.

Tony

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The ride around Lake Superior and around Lake Michigan are both beautiful!!

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
Hi there and welcome from NE Pennsylvania!

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.
The Lake Superior loop is also on my "short list"....maybe this year (of course, I say that every year about this time...)

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
The Lake Superior loop sounds like fun, any good information on this ride? My wife and I have a couple of weeks off in the spring/ early summer, and plan to spend it touring, this might fit in well since I want to stay north that time of year.
I really do need to start planning soon, I'm excited, will be my first trip more than 3 days long on a bike.

Welcome from Wisconsin.
The Lake Superior loop is also on my "short list"....maybe this year (of course, I say that every year about this time...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lake Superior Ride

I'm sure there are many sources for good information about the Lake Superior ride but, check out this website.

Its called, "ride lake superior dot com", I cannot post links or pictures yet.

Tony

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
Thanks, that's a great start. I think that might just turn out to be a big part of our summer ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts