Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am introducing myself and asking for help.
I have two bikes. 1970 Triumph Bonneville. Runs great.
1971 Honda 175 going back together. Overhauled, restored. Before taking it apart turn signals and indicator lights didn't work. Bulbs missing and blown. Replaced.
NOW, HERE"S THE PROBLEM:
When I turn on headlights low beam, the right front signal light glows. When I turn on High beam all turn signal lights and indicator are lit. When I turn signal switch to left all four signal lights come on but do not flash. When I turn switch to the right the flasher ticks quickly but no lights...
Bateries strong. Rectifier is OK. I did pull the wiring harness(except in the handlebars) and found a couple bare spots and fixed...
I can't figure out my misconnection.
Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved!

OK, the Clymer manual said this could be a problem... But I fixed the problem by switching an old(Original) bulb into the turn signal indicator bulb that I had replaced. Must have had a different resistance or something. Anyway...I have taken this sucker apart so many times....Now she's blinking and lighting like 30 years ago...Thanks for the interest. I guess I just needed to talk.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Good thinking. I'm glad that worked.

That reminds me of having to have a heavy duty flasher when hooking trailer lights up. If you have a standard flasher relay, the lights will blink real fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts