Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Shadow Aero, ive only had the bike since Aug, it has Bridgestones front and rear, however i currently only need a rear tire do i have to stay matched or can i try a different manufacture. Was looking at Kendra. Any help is appreaciated.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Stay with the same type and rating and use any tire that suits you. I have had good experiences with ME 880 tires but that was on heavy touring bikes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've ridden tens of thousands of miles with mismatched tire brands, never had a problem. Just make sure both tires are bias ply, or both radial ply. My favorite has been the Metzeler 888, on a 2006 Sportster 1200.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I don't stay with the same tire manufacturer. But make sure that the tire is recommended for your particular bike. Metzeler and Pirelli are a softer rubber, good traction on dry asphalt, I don't like the Metz on damp asphalt or paint. very slick.

I run an Avon tire on the back of my cruiser - have been super-happy with the rubber in that tire!

dT

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
I have a 2005 Shadow Aero, ive only had the bike since Aug, it has Bridgestones front and rear, however i currently only need a rear tire do i have to stay matched or can i try a different manufacture. Was looking at Kendra. Any help is appreaciated.
My Scout came with Kenda OEM Tires and they are not bad , but plan on replacing them with Michelin Commander II's when they wear down or when feel I'm losing Grip with them whichever comes first ..

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm a fan of Bridgestone Exedra longevity. I got 24K miles on a set and replaced them due to age, they had loads of tread depth left but the years were catching up to them via cracks in the sidewall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts