Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am a newbie rider and have a really stupid question that google is just not answering. I have a 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750CA and I need to change the battery. I have removed the seat, disconnected the terminals, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the battery out. It is either really stuck or being held in place inside the casing. I have taken off the sides as well, and don't see anything except on the very bottom (underneath the bike) are two bolts. Not sure what they have to do with the battery. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get out and ride again!

·
Chris
341 Posts
if the battery is in a box, its the bolts, if not it should just slide out. when you take it out, its prety heavy and needs to be taken straight out, not pulled to either side.spray something to losen up the sides.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
on my Suzuki the battery was a tight fit in the box and you didn't have much room to get a hold of it....if you can't get a hold of it, get a small nylon rope, feed it through the posts (they should be small boxes, but hollow) and make a strap you can pull with

1 - 3 of 3 Posts