Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
With rare exceptions, straight or drag pipes with no baffles reduce performance in the lower rpm ranges; drag bikes only run WOT, after all. Will it be enough to notice? Perhaps not, as that is a fairly sporty bike. For many, the increase in noise makes a bike 'feel' more powerful, even though, when tested, it isn't. It's your bike, your ears, and your neighbors, after all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With rare exceptions, straight or drag pipes with no baffles reduce performance in the lower rpm ranges; drag bikes only run WOT, after all. Will it be enough to notice? Perhaps not, as that is a fairly sporty bike. For many, the increase in noise makes a bike 'feel' more powerful, even though, when tested, it isn't. It's your bike, your ears, and your neighbors, after all.
Nice I'm going to try them out then ? and there only 100 on amazon ...the bike is not that loud at all ;(

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Assuming it has stock exhaust, then, no, it isn't very loud. Those drag pipes will probably be heard 2 miles away, though!

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,925 Posts
Pretty Loud and lose a lot of low end Torque .. But if you like them fine I just won't be riding close behind you .. Owned a lot of Sportsters and found Vance and Hines Baffled Straight Shots had a Great Sound without being overly loud and plenty of Torque ..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Those guys are right, but you're not likely to get V&H or S&S pipes for $100. My experience is, $100 gets you some chrome-plated tubes, bent to fit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
In general any mod to exhaust will diminish performance unless the bike is retuned and typically drag pipes are regarded as untunable. But if noise is what you want than that is the compromise.

·
Aging & Worn
4,547 Posts
That has to be, the best damn video I have ever seen, discussing the issue of how pipes affect performance!

Thanks Lurch!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts