Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking at these drag pipes but cant find other info on them ...will my bike become slower with these (iron 883)I'm new to the bike world so any tips will be so helpful

Thank you guys

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
With rare exceptions, straight or drag pipes with no baffles reduce performance in the lower rpm ranges; drag bikes only run WOT, after all. Will it be enough to notice? Perhaps not, as that is a fairly sporty bike. For many, the increase in noise makes a bike 'feel' more powerful, even though, when tested, it isn't. It's your bike, your ears, and your neighbors, after all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With rare exceptions, straight or drag pipes with no baffles reduce performance in the lower rpm ranges; drag bikes only run WOT, after all. Will it be enough to notice? Perhaps not, as that is a fairly sporty bike. For many, the increase in noise makes a bike 'feel' more powerful, even though, when tested, it isn't. It's your bike, your ears, and your neighbors, after all.
Nice I'm going to try them out then ? and there only 100 on amazon ...the bike is not that loud at all ;(

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,933 Posts
Pretty Loud and lose a lot of low end Torque .. But if you like them fine I just won't be riding close behind you .. Owned a lot of Sportsters and found Vance and Hines Baffled Straight Shots had a Great Sound without being overly loud and plenty of Torque ..

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.