Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum so here i go. My name is Richard Buie I am retired military 23 years active duty in the Navy. Also a Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran and a father of an Iraq veteran. Being riding since i was 10 years old and i am now 60 and only hit the pavement once in 93. I current had a 2006 Honda Shadow Aero VT750 it is the orange and black. Had many styles and types of motorcycles and for awhile was rebuilding them had to stop due to issues with my hands. So a big thanks for letting me be part of this forum. soon i can start asking about an issue i am having with my Honda.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,798 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Thank you for your service. I believe you can go to the repair threads and post your problem with your Honda now. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

·
American Legion Rider
21,121 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome and info about the repair section, according to the R & R i have to have three post before i can start a new thread in that section. But that is ok.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
There are no restrictions on posting in the repair section as long as you are signed up as a member.

Welcome to the forum.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Welcome aboard!

What boat were you aboard in the Vietnam days? I've got a couple of naval aviator friends flew off the Bonnie Dick & other carriers. A4 jockeys...

I ride a Kawasaki Concours, a Silverwing & Vespa scooters. Live in Phoenix winters, Colorado summers, and do a LOT of road tripping.

whereabouts are you stationed THESE days...?

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard!

What boat were you aboard in the Vietnam days? I've got a couple of naval aviator friends flew off the Bonnie Dick & other carriers. A4 jockeys...

I ride a Kawasaki Concours, a Silverwing & Vespa scooters. Live in Phoenix winters, Colorado summers, and do a LOT of road tripping.

whereabouts are you stationed THESE days...?

Cheers!
NSA Saigon 73-74
Nas Gitmo Bay 74-75
HS-11 75-77 Deployed on CVA 67
VQ-4 Nattc Pax River 77-80
CVN 68 Ship crew 80-83
Nas Kingsville 83-87
VA / VFA 86 Nas Cecil Field Deployed on CVA 66 87-90
AIMD Nas Cecil Field 90-93 (TAD to Bahrain 90-91)
93 Retired now living Lafayette, LA

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
That's an impressive record. Thank you for your service!''

Do you have some Cajun / French restaurant recommendations for your area?

I'm headed across Mississippi a few weeks hence and a culinary detour down through Louisiana is NOT an impossibility....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts