Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall love the site, well i guess i will starting asking my question. I am looking to get a bike and im nort sure what one to get. When i say this i mean i like rockets but the position of the body seems like it would get uncomfortable. is ther any rocket that has a better ride position. If not a rocket how bout a bike that is a bit more rocket but a better riding? any reccomendations for a starter bike?? thanks guys in advanced.

Shantytown Mayor
My Ninja 500 has the look your mentioning but the bars are about an inch higher than most the sportbikes so you're leaned over but not too much. I can ride it all day and not feel uncomfortable, except my fingers go numb. It's a good starter bike also. Look into the Ninja 500 or 250, Buell Blast 500, or the Suzuki GS500 for a starter bike in the style you like. Even an older 600cc sportbike can be a good starter bike in that style.

Shantytown Mayor
Nothing wrong with the naked bikes, I like them too. Many of them are good starter bikes. Also if you want a used one take a look at the Kawasaki EX500, same thing as the Ninja 500 just older. No difference with the exception is the real older ones have drum rear brakes.

G

Naked bike list:

Yamaha XJ600 Seca II - Had one, really liked it.
Yamaha FZ6/FZ1
Suzuki Bandit 600 and 1200/1250
Suzuki Katana - Not really naked, but comfortable
Honda Nighthawk 750
Honda 599/919
Kawasaki ZRX1100/1200 - Love the Eddie Lawson replica
Kawasaki Z1000

Don't forget the pseudo sportbikes that are more comfortable, Ninja 650, ZZR600, Interceptor, SV650.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.