Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a retired seaman and now the Ocean is just a bad dream. That highway could be a booger sometimes when the weather was right. Gusty wind was something I always hated. Had 2 Sportsters when I was in my early 20's. Got married and raised a family and the toys had to go. Now I am nearly 60 and the toys are back. I have bought a big touring Road Glide for old geezers and the thing handles way better than the Sportsters I had while out on the road. Highway riding is more comfortable than ever before. Big trucks and their wind are shrugged off by this steady performer. Anybody have anything that is more "stable" than a Road Glide? I love it and feel so secure in gusty winds. ( Man made or otherwise)

Your thoughts on this is appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome capitano, I don't own a Road Glide but have ridden my share and couldn't agree with you more. I haven't ridden the newer Gold Wings but imagine they are just as stable.

Duane

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
An old seadog too but in my case it still calls to me with a nameless yearning. I suppose here in these mountains I am closed in and it is as much the night sky at sea I miss as much as the sea itself. Welcome to our group and don't hesitate to join any ongoing discussion in the various forums here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An old seadog too but in my case it still calls to me with a nameless yearning. I suppose here in these mountains I am closed in and it is as much the night sky at sea I miss as much as the sea itself. Welcome to our group and don't hesitate to join any ongoing discussion in the various forums here.
I was the first seaman probably in many generations of my family so it was not in my blood. Not in the genes. Still, I spent 37 years out on the Sea. My sea legs were worn out. No yearning here but I understand it. I really do know from whence you come. Now....So glad that I am riding in the Ozarks and Ouchita mountains. It is now my passion, to ride. Thanks for the fine welcome, Shark.

·
Knees 2 the breeze!
3,445 Posts
Welcome from Southern Illinois!
God bless & ride safe!
Daddio

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to the forum and do not hesitate to jump right in on posting. I have owned 2 Harleys, both FLHT's and they were stable rides. I now have and 07 Yamaha FJR 1300 and love it. It is also stable and lighter and more agile riding. Any bike is a great bike if it fits your needs and desires. You have some great riding roads in AR so enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts