Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey and hope to get some help and also give help!

So i recently got a 2002 Suzuki Intruder vs800, i got it from a coworker for next to nothing and am figuring out why. So it has been sitting outside for over a year but still is in pretty good shape, minus the spider webs and leaves. So i was told that it needed a new battery and new ground and power wires, because of a small electrical fire so i was told. I pulled a lot of the bike apart to check everything, changed the oil, flushed the fluids, pulled the filters out and sucked all the water out, cycled out all the old gas. I've checked majority of stuff i can think of, just trying to see what you guys think and see what else i can check because i can't get the bike to turn over or anything.

Thanks guys!

·
American Legion Rider
25,895 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Other members do like to know they are welcoming a real person so thanks
for letting us know a little about yourself.:smile: Normally just a few more
posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site will open to you. This is the sites
spambot control. Unfortunately it is needed today. But you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege
to be able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow
gets around that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:

Would be nice to know the general area you reside. Never can tell but
there could be someone here that is close enough that might drop by
to help if you get truly stumped. But you'll never know if you don't say.

·
Zip
2,512 Posts
Welcome.

First, let's be clear on terminology. "Won't turn over" means different things to different people, unfortunately. What it really means is "the motor is not moving at all". So, is it turning over but not firing? Or is it really not even turning over?

If it's not turning over: do you get any sounds at all when you press the starter button? A thunk or clunk?

How much diagnostics and wrenching are you able and willing to do yourself? And where was it sitting outside? Alaska? Florida? Arizona? This would make a big difference in what might have happened during that year outside.

In other words: more info, please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts