Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently purchased a 1981 Honda CB900C and have been having some issues getting it running. I found this forum and figured I’d hop on to start learning more about the motorcycle. I have replaced the stator and the rotor, as well as the rectifier. I can hear the starter spin when I hit the button now but it will not turn the engine over and I’m at a loss. This being my first motorcycle I don’t really know what else I should do so suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Zip
2,606 Posts
Welcome. Back in the day I used to have an '81 CB900C. Interesting bike, comfortable, lots of power. I never had to work on the starter so I can't help you there. But I did manage to burn up the valves sitting in road construction traffic delays one hot week in July. Ask me anything you want about how to pull the cylinder head to do a valve job :plain:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the reply, this winter I’m actually doing a full rebuild I think so I will definitely shoot some questions at you when the time comes! Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts