Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,702 Posts
I just road DP to the gas station. Short ride. Tomorrow I will go back to my Island. Probably in the rain. But it is unusually warm, almost 50.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
18,956 Posts
Nice. We didn't get a ride in.:( :( :( We celebrate with my sister and
husband with my wife making her traditional New Years day Eggs Benedict
and champagne followed by homemade sticky buns, then more champagne
of course.:D :D :D

BTW...Happy New everyone !!!

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
NICE! I rode on New Years Eve and on 1/2/2020 but missed New Years Day, and I've been regretting it.
Oh well

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Got to have black eyed peas on New Years Day. I forgot why, but the wife always fixes them with a big ham bone, cornbread and fried taters. Don't care much for them, but I always eat them.
I think I'd like to try the sticky bun things for a few years. That sounds good.

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
I never knew about the black eyed peas, around here it's always been everyone has to eat pork on New Years, supposedly because pigs only walk forwards, never back up? I have no idea if that's true or not, I'm a city boy, so if any of you farm raised folk can confirm or deny that porcine fact I'd be greatly obliged.

The NE Pennsylvania traditional new years meal is Pork and Sauerkraut but my wife does a lot of Hispanic inspired cooking and her daughters like it and were coming over so this year we actually had Pernil (roast pork) with rice and beans and Puerto Rican potato salad, and for desert we had an authentic Puerto Rican flan, prepared by a friend from PR who is visiting the girls for the for the Holidays.

It was very good, but I still missed my sauerkraut :)

Got to have black eyed peas on New Years Day. I forgot why, but the wife always fixes them with a big ham bone, cornbread and fried taters. Don't care much for them, but I always eat them.
I think I'd like to try the sticky bun things for a few years. That sounds good.

·
American Legion Rider
18,956 Posts
Tradition!
Might be but I can't stand the things and I like most other beans a bunch.
In fact I dislike most of the traditional crap eaten on New Years day. But
black-eyed beans taste like I'm eating dirt. Yuck !!! Y'all can have the tradition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts