Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a big fan of standard motorcycles, especially in the 600cc to 900cc range, this one definitely got my attention:

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/models/xsr900

It shares a powerplant with the very impressive FZ09 (sport) and FJ09 (sport touring) series bikes.

What do you think about this one? The only downside for me is that seat heights greater than 31 inches keep me from being able to flat foot, which is important to me - and this seat comes in well over 32 inches. Well, that and the price... :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I haven't heard a lot about it but isn't it one of the "tracker" styled bikes? I kind of like the stripped down look of it, isn't there a Yamaha yellow with black stripe paint jobs available?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is offered in yellow and black. Are you talking about this XSR900? or something else?

It puts out over 100 hp and weighs less than 450 lbs wet.

I haven't heard a lot about it but isn't it one of the "tracker" styled bikes? I kind of like the stripped down look of it, isn't there a Yamaha yellow with black stripe paint jobs available?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I don't see one thing "retro" styled, I guess because they say so we should believe it...........I didn't say I don't like it

It does have way more abilities than I'd ever use.......I think I'd buy a Bolt

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah rje58, that is the one with the paint that pays homage to the old Yamaha racing colors, maybe a limited edition or special version paint job.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it were a couple thousand dollars less, an inch or two shorter in the saddle and I didn't love my current ride, I'd be sorely tempted.

I know, that's a lot of ifs.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, but I have read estimates in some of the cycle mags where they are guessing it's going to be in the $9,000 - $11,000 range. That is what I was going by.... I'm thinking $8,000 would make it more tempting - and who knows, if it's not a top seller, you might could negotiate that, if the cycle mag pre-estimates are on target.

couple thousand dollars less than what? Price to be announced Feb 2016.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts