Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new wave snobs not just Harly riders now most Indian riders.

If you are riding a metric as they call them, they will look strat at you as you are waving and never move. In 50+ years of riding I have ridden most all labels of bikes, I have found that Honda are the most reliable.

This just a little rant don't like being snubbed. :71baldboy::coffee:

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
I'm doin' a new wave when riding / seeing oncoming scooters. It's like a left turn signal, index finger up (We're #1!) .

Saw some other scooterists doing it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waldeneson, I like to wave at others and will stop for someone on the road that might be in trouble. It's the ones that look strait at you and never bother to nod if their hands are busy or wave. It seems to be the, no offense meant to anyone, the ones riding the Harlys, BMW or Indian. Most of these are wearing short and sneakers or their want-a-be club jacket. Like you it make me angry.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,442 Posts
I give a $H!T if they wave or not. it is their loss

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Critter, i understand where you are comming from it just makes me angry for someone to think more of them-self than they should.
To take this a little further it was the look on his face.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,442 Posts
That look is probably from the stick up his @$$.

Don't let it bother you, it is one of the many small and insignificant things life will throw at you.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
How are you even able to tell what brand an oncoming bike is?? Not me most of the time..

Sure I can tell an oncoming 'sport bike' from a 'cruiser', but can I/you tell if that oncoming cruiser is a Harley/Honda/Yamaha/whatever?? Maybe sometimes, but usually not.

I wave at everybody, except e-bikes.

I'm used to sport bike(rs) not waving back most of the time, but so what.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Once they're going by, you can tell what they are. Why no wave at an e-bike? My policy, if it has two wheels (or three) I wave.* If it has kids in it and they're waving I don't give a crap how many wheels it has, I'm waving back. Today's kids are tomorrows fellow riders.

*provided waving doesn't put me in a bad way. Then you can always nod.

The exception is being in Ocean City during bike week. Or any other location bike week. You'd be flapping your arms off and look like an idiot.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
The exception is being in Ocean City during bike week. Or any other location bike week. You'd be flapping your arms off and look like an idiot.
Same thing when the first riding days in Springtime arrive... bikers all over the place!

So, how about when you meet a large group of riders? One time I met a group of close to forty riders and every single one waved.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Same thing when the first riding days in Springtime arrive... bikers all over the place!

So, how about when you meet a large group of riders? One time I met a group of close to forty riders and every single one waved.
Friendly lot weren't they. Either that or you'd missed out on something falling off your bike and they were just trying to get your attention.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'll keep waving, the first time out last fall after not riding for 15 years I ran out of gas at a stop light, and being unfamiliar with the reserve switch I rolled her off the street and got off to look, I instantly had another rider stop and ask if I need help, I was embarrassed but happy he stopped, I'll keep waving.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
I'll keep waving, the first time out last fall after not riding for 15 years I ran out of gas at a stop light, and being unfamiliar with the reserve switch I rolled her off the street and got off to look, I instantly had another rider stop and ask if I need help, I was embarrassed but happy he stopped, I'll keep waving.
What goes around comes around. That guy has probably had someone stop for him.

I stop for others and I've had it done for me. The last time was when I holed a piston on a BMW sidecar rig. A nice guy on an old Honda towed me all the way home. Not a single car stopped to help but I did have two bikes stop. The guy on the Honda and then a guy on an HD when I had sent the Honda guy across the highway to wait for me to push it from the shoulder and on across the divided 4 lane where it went pffft.

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Some bikers are socially inept. It's their problem, not mine.

When I wave to another rider I really don't care if they don't wave back. Maybe they're preoccupied with something that's troubling them. It won't ruin my day.

I've met lots of good natured riders in my travels. I never expect it but it's nice when it happens.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
We have a new wave snobs not just Harly riders now most Indian riders.

If you are riding a metric as they call them, they will look strat at you as you are waving and never move. In 50+ years of riding I have ridden most all labels of bikes, I have found that Honda are the most reliable.

This just a little rant don't like being snubbed. :71baldboy::coffee:
Et noli pavere Illiud

Which translates into: Dont let the *******s wear you down

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
We have to be careful about waving. If done at the incorrect time we may vibrate off if we don't hold on with both hands.;)
If that's a pet peeve you must live one hell of a life.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts