Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of getting a new leftover '14 Valkyrie, at a huge discount. The looks have really grown on me, especially the blue one with the black (no chrome) trim. It would be my first heavyweight bike, but the center of gravity is very low, and my god...that engine. My current bikes are a '13 Aprilia Shiver (it's staying) and an '08 HD XL1200R (it's for sale). Any one here have any experience with the new Valkyrie?

·
8,579 Posts
I love the Valkyrie and they are a great bike---of course any scoot based on the Goldwing platform would have to be:biggrin:

I had a new 2001 Valkyrie Interstate and new 1997 and 2012 Goldwings!:)

I'm a Southern, CA boy, born in Lynwood :)frown:) and lived in Paramount, Bellflower and lastly Hemet. We moved to Missouri in 1999 to leave the "Rat race." I worked in Los Angeles and commuted there most every day, so no explanation of the "Rat race," is needed.

That picture of you(?) and the Valkyrie, looks to me like you are in Indio??

PM me, I may be interested in buying your XR1200:biggrin::biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
If you like smooth, effortless acceleration, nimble in the curves, and almost vibration-free at any speed, you'll love the Valk. Once the carbs are properly balanced, you really only feel vibration from the transmission, the engine is that smooth. I have a '98 1500CT, and just pulled a 700lb trailer through the Missouri hills, no problem, so that 1800 should be that much nicer. Not many big cruisers can stay with the Valkyrie, old or new, so be prepared to slow down to let your buddies catch up, if you are at the front of the line.:D

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
I am not a fan of the looks of the new Valk, but I do like how she feels.

·
8,579 Posts
Buddy, that's a hot Sportster ya got there!

I had a 2005 883R, with the 4.5 gal tank and matching seat, Stage 1 kit with Screaming Eagle pipes and air cleaner, Progressive extra travel rear shocks, engine guard with HWY pegs. I wish I still had it. I really like the XR1200!

The blue on that Valkyrie is beautiful. It's basically the same as my past 2012 Goldwing.

Sam:coffeescreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts