1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Ethan here.

I'm not entirely sure of the introduction post formats :p

I've loved bikes for a while now and was able to buy my first just over a year ago. It is a 2012 Yamaha R15 which has shifted 3 owners (I'm the third).
I've had a tough time maintaining it because I have to spend most of my time on academics. Moreover, I currently (temporarily) stay in a (remote) location where the local mechanics do a real bad job for the amount of money they ask for.
I thought it would be a great idea to join a motorcycle forum to read up on various things to learn and hopefully be able to sort out problems i face with my bike on my own.

Peace!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome -- Wow, looks like great riding scenery... that's a good looking ride (although just to look at it, a bit too compact for my corpulent posterior).

-- Larry

·
Aging & Worn
4,547 Posts
Add another twenty or more years to your riding experience, and stay safe all that time........and THEN you will have something to REALLY be proud of!!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas. Did you get an owner's manual with the bike? Routine maintanence will keep one running for a long, long time.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Welcome to a great forum:smile_big:

It couldn't be that tough to maintain a 125cc, modern yamaha, 125cc, single cylinder, 4 stroke engine.:wink2:

Oil and filter, clean or replace the spark plug, clean or replace the air filter, adjust and lube the chain and run some FI cleaner in the gas once in a while. Learn how to adjust your own valves or have it done.:smile:

That is a cool little bike!:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Other members do like to know they are welcoming a real person so thanks
for letting us know a little about yourself.:smile: Normally just a few more
posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site will open to you. This is the sites
spambot control. Unfortunately it is needed today. But you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege
to be able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow