Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i just wanted to introduce myself. I started riding last year and i put 6,000 some odd miles on my bike. I am glad to get to talk to some experienced riders here. I love riding it really became a hobby of mine, any day sunny day i took the bike out. I easily did 6 hour rides all over my area. I ride a FZ6 it was a bit much for my first bike but i have really grown into it. I purchased a Two Brother exhaust for it and installed it and wired it up myself. I felt pretty proud i did that, and for the money i saved. I just got a new K&N air filter for it, and i plan on buying a PUIG windscreen for it as well. I also plan on changing the sprockets and chain for better acceleration. I had to replace my tires and i chose pirelli diablo tires for it, those set me back 500 bucks. I had metal valve stems put in at that time too because the rubber ones rotted out and i figured why not.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Sounds like you are doing well. Congratulations. And...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Greetings from East Tennessee!
From your name "AimCenterMass", are you a veteran? a Target shooter?
Just curious, I am both, there is an old saying which goes back to the days of Muskets/Revolutionary war....."Aim Small,Miss Small" LOL
Regards
Ed

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings from East Tennessee!
From your name "AimCenterMass", are you a veteran? a Target shooter?
Just curious, I am both, there is an old saying which goes back to the days of Muskets/Revolutionary war....."Aim Small,Miss Small" LOL
Regards
Ed
I am currently serving, enjoying my time in the army and riding on my off time. We all shoot, I have heard that saying " aim center mass" so many times and it kind of stuck with me. I wont ever forget the safeties at the ranges screaming that for those who couldn't shoot.

Thank you everyone for the greetings :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Thank you for your service

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good day, first owned a motorcycle in 1968. When younger and less wise rode some during all months. Riding season is shorter than when I wore a younger man's clothes. Also ride less miles a season. peace torgy,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oops, I, we ride a C90 Suzucki. Ride out of Elbow Lake, MN. Got on site when just looking through the net or, I say, playing on the net. I served rural routes out of the USPS for around 29 years. The last route I served was approximately 75% gravel. I am pure blood new wave Minnesotan, basically Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, and French. I am a sunfish type fisherman, that is fair weather. The puzzles I do are mostly over 1000 pieces to as many as 2500. Don't mind the temperature extremes, 40+ below zero F and once over 115F. Yes it does get over 100F in spots in Minnesota. peace torgy,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts