Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'd just like to introduce myself to the forum. I'm 33 live in Edmonton AB, and I work as a mechanic with the Canadian Forces. I currently ride a 1991 Honda CR250R off-road, and a 1996 Yamaha Virago 1100 on the street. I've been riding bikes since I was 5 and have a real appreciation for everyone else that rides as well.
The main reason that I joined this forum is because Rexmitchell posted a thread with a checklist of things to look at when buying a used bike. I am looking at purchasing a 1999 Suzuki GSXR750 in 2 weeks, and since up here in Edmonton we have a whole lot of snow, a test ride is going to be impossible. So, after reading the thread I thought there is probably tons of great information as well as people that share my passion for riding. So, here I am.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey there, I'd just like to introduce myself to the forum. I'm 33 live in Edmonton AB, and I work as a mechanic with the Canadian Forces. I currently ride a 1991 Honda CR250R off-road, and a 1996 Yamaha Virago 1100 on the street. I've been riding bikes since I was 5 and have a real appreciation for everyone else that rides as well.
The main reason that I joined this forum is because Rexmitchell posted a thread with a checklist of things to look at when buying a used bike. I am looking at purchasing a 1999 Suzuki GSXR750 in 2 weeks, and since up here in Edmonton we have a whole lot of snow, a test ride is going to be impossible. So, after reading the thread I thought there is probably tons of great information as well as people that share my passion for riding. So, here I am.
Welcome! I've got some good friends that live in Calgary, aye?:71baldboy:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I'm ready to get this winter stuff behind us. Good luck with the bike.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Suzuki

Sweet bike. Wish i was there to help you look at it. Do the usual check for scratches from crashes. Then check to see if the forks are straight and so on.

Bon Chance. Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Always good to see the northern representation on here. You're gonna have fun on that GSXR!
Here's a funny story about that.
In the last 2 weeks I have missed out on a sale for an '99 R1, '99 GSX-r750, and a 2000 Honda VTR 1000. I was so near the end of my patience that I felt like going out on the town, and blowing my money on frivolities and strippers. Then lo and behold, I see this Honda 900RR for sale about 30 mins away from me. I made and offer yesterday evening around 8:00pm, and guess what?
I just rolled my Honda into my garage complete with front and rear wheel stands. This bike is the bike that I wanted all the other bikes to be, but at the time couldn't afford it.
I'm looking forward to having her out on the road this summer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new bike. Isn't it nice when things work out so well?!
Moni
I seriously almost gave up hope on getting a bike before the new season rolled around. And the only way I was able to score my bike is the last guy that was supposed to buy it, stood the owner up, so I was next in line.
A very happy boy am I. I am trying to attach a picture of the bike, not sure if it will work

image.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts