Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Evan and I am new to this forum!

I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic Lt.
K&N air filter, Cobra exhaust, power commander.
This is my first bike and I love it, yet sometimes I wish for something more.

As an 18 year old you would not expect me to be riding a cruiser, but in reality I like all bikes and I intend on owning at least one of each. I learned to ride on an '07 Suzuki Boulevard C90t, so cruisers feel natural to me.

I plan to post pictures once I get access to them on my computer.

The only people that I know who ride are my brother and father who are both on very different schedules than myself so 99% of my riding is on my own. Do any of you more experienced riders have any suggestions on how to find a few riding buddies?

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach. You might try "meetup.com" to look for any groups in your area that ride. Biker or Not is also a good place to check runs, rides, and get togethers.

We just rode up through the Tonto Forrest east of you a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful!

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum That Kaw 900 is a very nice bike. IMO they make good starter bikes. The seat is lower so almost everyone can flatfoot it when stopped. It's not too heavy and not really too powerful. And they look good.

I hope you find some riding buddies soon.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Welcome from Seattle!

I find that when you have a bike and are an active rider, you and other riders just tend to gravitate towards one another. A guy in your class will get a bike, a new guy at work, friend of a friend etc. Just keep riding and you will find people, or they will find you :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At 6'3" 275 I have no concerns about being able to flat foot on most bikes lol

Thank you I will make sure to check that website and see what I am able to find!

I love my bike, though I do actually wish I had more power! Haha hopefully I find more riders soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts