Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Maritime Mayhem!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:coffee:

Good Day Folks! Just joined today. I ride a 1986 Savage. I Love ridin' the thumper, but yesterday, it died on me as I left work. It's over an hour's ride home, and nobody was stopping to offer me help! It took me 45 minutes to get it running. I knew it wasn't getting gas, and I didn't even have a pocket knife or screwdriver with me to get the fuel line off. I dug out the old tool kit on the bike and found a set of pliers. I used them to loosen the hose clamps, and pulled the line. The end of the line had softened enough to allow the line to crease and stop the fuel flow. So since I had nothing to cut the line with, I just flipped the line around and reattached it, it worked and got me home with no more problems. I did a search to see how much a new fuel petcock would cost, and was referred to this site (LW Riders posts) I thought maybe it was the petcock, but from what I learned here, it's functioning properly, so it was just the fuel line collapsing that caused my problem..still never hurts to check to see what other problems may come up and how to deal with them! I live in New Brunswick Canada, and so far it's been a bad year for riding, cold and rainy all the time!! Glad I found this site..Cheers!!

·
Maritime Mayhem!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Greets!

:thumbsup: Great crew on here.. thanks for the Welcomes, folks! I think that any questions I have about my bike, stand a good chance of getting answered on here. Very stoked I joined..such a wealth of info to delve into. Cheers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts