Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I currently a student at UNT as well as a AFROTC cadet there. I recently got my buddy's bike - 1980 Honda CX500 Deluxe. Here's a little story about the bike... My buddy past away last summer, including his parents, in plane crash. I talked to his sister how I would like to fix it up for him and she gave it to me. My goal is to have it done by this summer, but the only thing though is that I have no idea where to start. This is my first bike that I have ever worked on (I am a car mechanic). Another thing is that the bike doesn't have carbs on it right now, since my buddy took them off to work on them, but I don't know where they are. If anybody has any advice on where to start please let me know.

My first thing to do is to get carbs for it; aftermarket now if possible since the other ones are gone. Other than that I don't know what to do for it. Once again any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
First place to start would be eBay. ;)

Z1Enterprises.com and Oldbikebarn.com are also good sources for parts for older bikes. Bikebandit.com is another possibility for parts, but parts for older bikes is hit and miss with them.

Also, check out Ron Ayers' (http://fiche.ronayers.com/) microfiche site. It's one of the more comprehensive parts microfiche databases I've used so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts