Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I've been riding a 1986 700 virago for about a year and its time for something newer. I ride hwy mostly and the seat on the Yamaha kills me after 30 miles. The three bikes I'm looking at are in my price range. All three are in really good condition and low mileage.
1. 2000 suzuki Intruder 1500
2. 2005 1100 honda shadow spirit
3. 2006 yamaha v star 650

Which would u choose and why?
thanx in advance for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also sorry if I seemed rude. I'm from southern tip of Illinois and figured this would be a place to get unbiased opinions since its all bikes and not any one model or make

C

·
0 Posts
I used to own a 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit and liked it. Because the Shadow Spirit's 5th gear sort of works as an overdrive gear you will find it rides the highway nicely. The seat is very comfy for long rides. With all that said, one thing I did not like about it because the 5th gear sorta works as an overdrive your speed needs to be about 55-60 MPH before you shift into 5th otherwise, the bike will chug until you get it to that speed. You will get used to it but it takes a little time. I found my Shadow to be very reliable, comfortable, and smooth riding especially on the highway.

As for the other bikes you mentioned I can't answer because I don't know anything about them.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
What works well for one person, may not be right for another. Pick the one you are the most comfortable on and that you like the feel of. To me, that would be the right bike for you.

Since you are riding mostly highways I would go with at least a 1100 cc bike. Here again I don't know how tall or your weight.

Sometimes a custom seat may be all you need. I didn't like the seat on my old Goldwing, so I had one made for me and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Welcome from the hills of East Tennessee!!
I ride a Harley, so I cant offer much of an opinion on the bikes you mention,Sorry!
Good Luck in your search!!
Ed

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I hate to leave you high and dry but choosing which bike fits you is a purely personal and subjective selection. My own ride is far larger than any of those bikes but I simply love it. Until you can say that about one of those bikes I don't think you are ready to buy. I would suggest that you keep looking until you find that one bike you just can't live without. That is your best buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts