Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! I need some advice! so I don't have my permit YET. but I want to get a motorcycle . I plan to get into the Safety Course. And I was super Excited to learn, But when my dad took me to a dealer to sit on bikes to see what I like ( keep in mind I never have been on a motorcycle before minus a mini chopper from back in the day with a weedwhacker engine in it haha) … But when I sat on the bikes I started feeling really nervous . Keep in mind im a short and fat guy 5-4 320 lbs. How do I shake this nervousness for the classes ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't let the jitters get to you. Everyone gets them. The point is to find a bike that fits you, meaning you can touch the ground flat-footed with both feet while sitting on the bike. You want to make sure that the control layout makes sense to you, and that your back, legs and arms are comfortable while riding. I would recommend spending 70% of your money on quality gear, and 30% on the bike itself, but that's me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Biker
1,638 Posts
Well, for one thing, you're doing this because you like the idea of riding a motorcycle, no one is making you
Chances are pretty good you'll have a basic training course by MSF, they are very good, they will explain
EVERYTHING TO YOU AND you will like this course a lot.

There are many styles of bikes and a few categories of riding, like dirt bikes, track, on/off road, street.

Just take your time looking, see how you do with MSF's bikes, probably a Honda Rebel 250, if you feel
pretty cozy on that, meaning you can reach everything in a comfortable way and bike seems to fit you
then maybe you want a similar bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts