Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Today I was working on my motorcycle. I had problems charging the battery in the past. I had fixed the cable harness with the old stator, so that the battery was charged but the main lighting did not work. So I decided to order a new stator, installed today. My problem is as follows. The battery was charged to almost 15 voltage and occasionally higher. whereby my head light also did not turn on as before. So I messed with my wire harness, the lights don't work and my battery stopped charging when it remained constant at around 12.7 volts. So I measured the stator and as a result I measured 1.9 ohms. does this mean that my alternator broke that quickly and how is it possible?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
You need to check the voltage output at the stator, while the bike is running. I think all bikes have an AC volt output there, but don't quote me on that. What bike do you have? Do you have a service manual?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to check the voltage output at the stator, while the bike is running. I think all bikes have an AC volt output there, but don't quote me on that. What bike do you have? Do you have a service manual?
it's a derbi senda 125 with a yamaha engine like the ybr 125. the biggest problem is that derbi DOESN'T have the manual for it. They also don't respond to my mails. I have this bike for almost 5 years and I wanted to restore it but this problems are still following me and I still haven't solved this problem. This is like my 4th stator maybe it's not the stator? Tomorrow I will try to check the voltage output. I need ti change the wires to start the engine, the engine must be in neutral and the wiring is connected to the stator

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
The battery was charged to almost 15 voltage and occasionally higher.
Did you take that reading with the bike running or static?
This is like my 4th stator maybe it's not the stator?
If this is the forth stator, I'd question your wiring. Is it possible you are reversing the wires?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you take that reading with the bike running or static?

If this is the forth stator, I'd question your wiring. Is it possible you are reversing the wires?
Thank you gentlemen for thinking along with me. Due to my carelessness of measurements, I have to say that my engine was not running optimally yet, the analysis was on for a few seconds and went off immediately, so that my measurements were false and short. I have now cleaned and reset the carber. I became happy when I saw that my engine suddenly charged. I do have the problem that my main lighting does not work. i think there is a cable break somewhere or something else. I'm still working on the wiring harness but my problem is that there is no wiring diagram, So I combining the ybr 125 wiring diagram with the on of derbi. the weird thing I've seen is that my wire harness has two voltage regulators, and i've replaced them both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to finalize this. After this post I had the same problem again that my engine wouldn't charge. i checked the pins and apparently they had no connection. connection from stator to wire harness checked what appears, the pins were not matched so the connection was very little. replace pins. Battery charged. just to be sure I measured the regulator and it turned out that it had a different setting than the old regulator. I've been messing around here and there but now I have both talking. The lighting and the battery that is charging. I am so far still satisfied.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,550 Posts
Thank you for sharing the fix

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Thanks for the update Russik. Far too many are just so happy to get something working that I guess they just ride off never to be heard from until their next problem. We really appreciate your update. It could help others in the future.
(y) (y) (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.