Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about replacing the OEM Honda seat on my Spirit 1100 for those who have or have not replaced your seat tell me the good bad or ugly or what you think is the best seat. I have the sheep skin with gel pad cover now and like it just wanting a better seat.
Looking forward to the replys. :71baldboy:

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I replaced my stock Roadking seat with a Mustang seat. I then had the Mustang seat cut down and shaped a little to fit me better, which I had to do due to old injuries. It rode and felt great, but the fake leather covering hasn't held up very well. Only about 20k miles on this seat and the cover is pulling apart already. I'll probably just get it recovered soon with something better then is on it now and keep it since it does fit and is comfortable.

On another bike I have a LePera, which is an outstanding seat and has held up for over 100k. They're a little harder then most people like though so if you like a big soft comfy seat you probably won't like them.

I've ridden on bikes with Corbin seats but really can't recall any good or bad about the seat. Saddleman is another popular brand to check out, but I can't offer any personal experience with them.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I replaced the seat on my Honda 750 Aero with an Ultimate seat and loved it. Also the nice thing about the Ultimate seat is if you want to replace the pillion at some future time you can, With the Mustang you have to buy them as a set.
I only got the driver seat because I didn't have the funds for both but if I had kept the bike I could have upgraded the pillion when I could afford it later.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all this is the info i'm looking for Eye i've been looking hard at the Mustang seats even read a lot of good stuff about them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
over the yrs i've had corbin an mustang an now have the ultimate an like it the best. comfortable an soft for hrs in the saddle. also nice having the back rest if your a bit older :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swfly I have started looking hard at the Ultimate. Started reading a lot of good stuff about them

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I'm sure all the seats out there have their good and bad points, which will differ from person to person.

Having had a saddlemen seat on another bike, and since ultimate seats doesn't make a solo for my Custom, I got another saddlemen, which I am completely satisfied.

However if I was to get another 2-up seat for my Classic, I would first try a ultimate seat mainly because of the "try it for 30 days" and because they look like a really good seat......appearances can be deceiving.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed Ultimate this morning and they do not make a seat for my 07 spirit 1100 so back to the search.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tahkhead have you had any expreance with this rebuilder. Been looking at the site and it looks like he does good work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soupy I have the Butt Buffer sheep skin with the gel pad and it helps but after about a 110 miles my butt starts to get numb. The sheep skin wool does keep you from sweating a lot but nothing will stop that completely except A/C

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
"Butt isometrics" every half hour or so really help too. Clench those cheeks and push against the pegs with your legs for a count of ten, then relax. Do about 30 reps. It gets the blood flowing in your butt and legs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts