Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I think it was the first time I saw this video, what looks like wallowing is the rider steering inputs. I think it happened 3 times if I remember right. Each time the rider steers towards the truck, he knows that's a mistake, but then he does it 2 more times, then it's too late.

·
Ace Tuner
3,995 Posts
The “bouncing” you see is due to him going into and out of the corner.
From my armchair and re-watching the video I keep thinking I see a loss of rear wheel traction at the start of it all. Then an out of control bike. (Bouncing).
I had a rear brake shoe break and lock for an instant right in the middle of a corner one time. That set up a horrendous wobble. The bars were going left to right like crazy. An onlooker later said she thought I was trying to wave to her because my hands were "in the air" as if to wave. I never knew my hands were off the bars. I just thought it was real hard to hang on to them during the wobble. (Bouncing)
No way to really know from just a video We would need to actually see the road surface and the crash as it happened and even then rider input would be needed.
Kind of Like... No I Wasn't Trying to Wave to You... I Was Trying to Save it.

From My Armchair..
S F

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@SemiFast True in that it is not possible to really know what happened without rider interrogation. We can surmise all we want, but without the definitive it’s all just a hypothesis no matter what your take is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I watched this with the audio off and it sure looks like the rider just wanted to use the whole road, not just his or her lane, and found out too late that it was a bad idea. No amount of counter steering gonna fix that terribly unsafe line

21 - 25 of 25 Posts