Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Anthony and I’m new to the motorcycle world in a way. I am 26 yrs old, 5’10 140lbs. Very intelligent and strong. I’ve been writing pretty much my whole life but took a long 10 year gap and just started picking it up again and got my M1 license. I recently just bought a Honda CBR 250 R is my first break of choice to get the hang of things. I’m extremely comfortable with how things are going..
However, I am extremely interested in a
Suzuki GSXR1000 or my Dream bike being a Hayabusa. Well aware of the differences of these two bikes, but I’d like more input on if this is a good idea or not. I’m not a speed demon more of a status man. Ever since I was a child growing up I’ve always love the look and sound of a Hayabusa. I don’t see myself going 180 down the highway anytime soon because I want to wake up the next day. Per well aware of the differences of these two bikes, but I’d like more input on if this is a good idea or not. I’m not a speed demon more of a status man. Ever since I was a child growing up I’ve always love the look and sound of a Hayabusa. I don’t see myself going 180 down the highway anytime soon because I want to wake up the next day.
All I’d like to use this bike for is just casual cruising and maybe some highway riding too.. please let me know all you can, Pros Cons whatever you can think of.. if I’m too small for them or what not. My CBR250R is light to me now and I know the Suzuki’s are big bitches.. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help me decide my fate!!!!

Hello my name is Anthony and I’m new to the motorcycle world in a way. I am 26 yrs old, 5’10 140lbs. Very intelligent and strong. I’ve been ridiinig pretty much my whole life but took a long 10 year gap and just started picking it up again and got my M1 license. I recently just bought a 2013 Honda CBR250R as my first bike of choice to get the hang of things. I’m extremely comfortable with how things have been going...

However, I am extremely interested in a Suzuki GSXR1000 or my Dream bike being a Hayabusa. I'm Well aware of the differences of these two bikes, but I’d like more input on if this is a good idea or not. I’m not a speed demon, more of a status man. Ever since I was a child growing up I’ve always loved the look and sound of a Hayabusa. I don’t see myself going 180 down the highway anytime soon though because I want to wake up the next day.

I realize the GSXR1000 would be easier to ride due to its lighter weight but the last thing I want is to buy the 1000 wanting a Hayabusa and vice versa..

All I’d like to use this bike for is just casual cruising and maybe some highway riding too.. please let me know all you can, Pros Cons whatever you can think of.. if I’m too small physically for these bikes or what not. My CBR250R is light feeling to me now and I know the Suzuki’s are big bitches... Thanks guys!!

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
It's impossible to say which would be better for you. You will have to honestly assess your own skill level.

Realize that the second motorcycle is where most fatalities occur for riders. The reason being that it is usually much more powerful and heavy than the first motorcycle, and a rider can get complacent where safety is concerned because they are beginning to feel comfortable with riding.

I see both of these red flags in your posts above, so take extra care not to let your guard slip where safety is concerned.

·
Visionary
3,961 Posts
That’s a heck of a step up your looking at there, from a 250 to a 1000 or a Hayabusa. I’m not saying it’s impossible but you might want to consider splitting the difference and getting a mid size bike like a 650 and riding that for a while! It will be MUCH faster and more powerful than your 250, once you’ve mastered all aspects of riding that then you can think about the ‘busa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Hey Anthony welcome to the forum.

Owning a fast motorcycle won't boost your status.

Non riders don't know the difference and most riders don't care what you ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That’s a heck of a step up your looking at there, from a 250 to a 1000 or a Hayabusa. I’m not saying it’s impossible but you might want to consider splitting the difference and getting a mid size bike like a 650 and riding that for a while! It will be MUCH faster and more powerful than your 250, once you’ve mastered all aspects of riding that then you can think about the ‘busa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree... there are some very powerful 600s... and a lot of great 600-800 models that are aimed specifically at being nimble bikes that you can tour or commute on. Which one you want mostly depends on what type of riding you want to do most.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Mod/Motorcyclist/ Trucker/ Deplorable
1,213 Posts
Hi Anthony, I will not tell not to get your dream bike. However I have owned the Honda Blackbird aka CBR1100Xx. I paid insurance on that bike like it was a car. It was longer took more to lean it. All repairs were a little more intense to do than that of my 250 or my GL. And yes you will get into d!ck swinging contest with of liter bike riders. You should see their faces when you pass them in a corner and they can't catch you till a straight. I loved it even more when I got caught up too and they #1 realized I was not a dude and secondly 0 chicken strips. Buy because it is REALLY what you want and ride your own ride.
Edit: oh and I passed them on my 250, jus sayin'
-Aph

·
Nightfly
4,357 Posts
Seems like he's all about the flash and status and not learning to ride correctly. I always say buy what you want, your ability will sort it out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Anthony, I will not tell not to get your dream bike. However I have owned the Honda Blackbird aka CBR1100Xx. I paid insurance on that bike like it was a car. It was longer took more to lean it. All repairs were a little more intense to do than that of my 250 or my GL. And yes you will get into d!ck swinging contest with of liter bike riders. You should see their faces when you pass them in a corner and they can't catch you till a straight. I loved it even more when I got caught up too and they realized I was not a dude and secondly 0 chicken strips. Buy because it is REALLY what you want and ride your own ride.
Edit: oh and I passed them on my 250, jus sayin'
-Aph[/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to post this!
I will consider addititonal options

·
On The Road Again!
3,464 Posts
I have to agree that a rider's ability means way more than the size of his engine.
I few years ago, I was given a '77 Honda Trail 90. That's 90 cc, 7 horsepower, max speed EVER, 53 mph.
My brother stopped by with his Harley Sportster and we went out for a ride.
He was not happy thinking about following me on such a slow bike.
Well, I took him down every tight twisty back road that I knew.
On the straights, I didn't stand a chance, but on the twisty sections he was just a speck in my rear view mirror.
And he was more than a little embarrassed that he couldn't keep up with a Honda 90!
It's not what you've got but how well you know how to use it.

·
Nightfly
4,357 Posts
I have to agree that a rider's ability means way more than the size of his engine.
I few years ago, I was given a '77 Honda Trail 90. That's 90 cc, 7 horsepower, max speed EVER, 53 mph.
My brother stopped by with his Harley Sportster and we went out for a ride.
He was not happy thinking about following me on such a slow bike.
Well, I took him down every tight twisty back road that I knew.
On the straights, I didn't stand a chance, but on the twisty sections he was just a speck in my rear view mirror.
And he was more than a little embarrassed that he couldn't keep up with a Honda 90!
It's not what you've got but how well you know how to use it.
Perhaps if your brother rode the Honda 90 he would be kicking your a$$. If you're comparing ability, both should be on the same bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts