Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I will introduce myself. I am Emily! I am in my prime at age 21 and I am a new rider! I have a blue kawasaki ninja 300 named Blueberry! I have no mods yet, as the bike has been in my possession for just under a week. Tomorrow she gets her Shogun Frame Sliders put on, which will help bring me a peace of mind while learning. I took a beginner course with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation in mid August, so I have a basic understanding of how to ride. Currently I do not ride by myself, I only ride when my dad gets on his Honda VTX and we go out together. My gear is combined of a Cortech VRX jacket, Cortech gloves, and a SHOEI RF-1200 Full face helmet. I do want to upgrade my jacket when I get the money, but first I'm possibly looking at buying a lowering kit, as the bike is still tall, keeping me on my toes/balls of my feet. It may be okay for some, but as a new rider, it makes me uncomfortable when coming to a stop and starting back.

There is SO much to learn about riding, and about motorcycles. I want to learn as much as I can, but it already seems overwhelming! My goal is to be able to learn enough one day to be able to constantly care and upkeep my bike without help, and even repair some problems, as well as maybe one day share my knowledge forward.

Nice to be a part of the forum! :smile_big:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all!

I will introduce myself. I am Emily! I am in my prime at age 21 and I am a new rider! I have a blue kawasaki ninja 300 named Blueberry! I have no mods yet, as the bike has been in my possession for just under a week. Tomorrow she gets her Shogun Frame Sliders put on, which will help bring me a peace of mind while learning. I took a beginner course with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation in mid August, so I have a basic understanding of how to ride. Currently I do not ride by myself, I only ride when my dad gets on his Honda VTX and we go out together. My gear is combined of a Cortech VRX jacket, Cortech gloves, and a SHOEI RF-1200 Full face helmet. I do want to upgrade my jacket when I get the money, but first I'm possibly looking at buying a lowering kit, as the bike is still tall, keeping me on my toes/balls of my feet. It may be okay for some, but as a new rider, it makes me uncomfortable when coming to a stop and starting back.

There is SO much to learn about riding, and about motorcycles. I want to learn as much as I can, but it already seems overwhelming! My goal is to be able to learn enough one day to be able to constantly care and upkeep my bike without help, and even repair some problems, as well as maybe one day share my knowledge forward.

Nice to be a part of the forum! :smile_big:
Welcome. Riding is a big learning curve i've been riding some 44 years now and every day is new day as wvery thing changes and more idiots driving tin boxes. Have fun safe riding

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts