Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im moving to hawaii in about a month and looking to at buying my first bike. I wanted to know what would be a good bike for hawaii, my max price has been about $10,000. Im 5'11 and about 190lbs male in good shape. ( idk just posting that if it would be a factor at all)

·
10,756 Posts
Which Island? I would look at getting something small, but with bags. Hawaii is one of the few places where a motorcycle could be your only vehicle. Some of the islands have a lot of gravel roads, so you may want to look at a dual sport.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are a lot of used bikes here, the best for you would be the 250 ninjas, or even some of the 500's. I'd advise staying away from the inline 4 race bikes, which dominate most of craigslist (they are typically more expensive and more than likely damaged). I would also advise against getting a new bike as your first bike, but you could pick up a ninja 650 from cycle city for just $7500 before whatever crazy fees they throw at you. Dealerships could be a strong option if you need financing for your bike, people on craigslist don't like to deal without cash in hand. If you do attempt to ride without owning a car, keep in mind you will get wet. Frequently. It's always raining somewhere on this island, it takes a lot of luck to avoid it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts