Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have finally decided to get a bike and start riding. A large portion of this is that i have health insurance now so if i were to ever get messed up, i could at least afford the hospital bill.

Than there was that Suzuki GS850, sitting in the back of a customers garage with 1984 tags. Turns out it has been sitting in his barn for the last 30 years to be exact and he had just pulled it out to get rid of it. I asked him how much, he told me $1k, i told him i would look up prices and than came back and offered him $500 and 2 weeks later he said yes. Bikes got only 12k miles on it and one owner. Needless to say i fell in love with the bike and wanted to bring her back.

A little about myself,
I am a industrial equipment and auto mechanic, vertified Master Briggs and Stratton Technician, an Expert Kohler Technician, a Master Prochem Technician, etc, etc. I work on everything from rebuilding electric motors to working on backhoes and the likes. I find the most satisfying thing is seeing the potential something has and than bringing it back to life. I have some minor experience working on dirt bikes but this will be new to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts