Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Dan, I'm 38 and live in Montreal, Canada. Just passed my circuit test for my apprentice license just before the SAAQ closed up for the season until next spring (they only do the circuit and road tests until October 10th) after my brother has been harassing me for years to finally get my license. He's even been holding on to his first bike, a 2000 V-Star 650 Classic for me, which he brought over a few weeks ago and I've been riding as much as possible. So far this fall has been just about constant rain, and it's starting to get chilly, thank goodness for heated grips! I'm definitely bit by the riding bug, and while my brother's V-Star is in gorgeous shape, I still want to add my own tweaks and clean up a few rough spots. He's added a done of goodies to the bike, so there's very little for me to do. So I joined as I'm hoping to get some help for various questions I have as I try to figure things out.

Here's my "new" baby:

*oops* apparently newbies can't post pics... well, you'll have to imagine it I guess :D

Thanks for reading :)

Dan

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Glad to hear you are still getting to ride. It would be terrible to get your license and then have to wait until next spring.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada :)

Yeah winter can be really frustrating around here! I bought my current bike late last year (Nov) and the weather was barely good enough for me to *just* get it home & into storage.. so I had to wait wait wait for spring to finally show up! And that seems to take longer than usual if you have a new bike/riding plans! Lets hope 2015 is a nice riding year!

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thank you for the warm welcome guys, very cool :)

@Oldman47 - Lachine is a beautiful area, I'm actually thinking of keeping my boat docked at the Lachine Marina they have there next year, I love that spot.

@NordicMan - Oh wow that's rough! I have the same habit with cars for some reason... I always end up changing my vehicle during the winter, get it beaten with salt and grime for a few months before I can enjoy it in the summer lol! As for the bike, it's staying ready to ride until temps hit 0c. Look slike Sunday is going to be sunny and 14 this weekend, I smell an outing for sure!

By the way I'm born and raised in Ontario, I moved from Ottawa to Mtl in the late 90s. Don't judge, it made sense at the time haha ;)

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
now that you have enough posts....how about a few pics of the bike, I've seen the saddlebag supports lol.....but I wanna see the rest of it now

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
that is nice looking....and probably a good thing you don't live close to me....I would snag those visors off the headlight and driving lights lol

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that is nice looking....and probably a good thing you don't live close to me....I would snag those visors off the headlight and driving lights lol
*installs alarm system in garage... just in case*

Thanks guys :)

Dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts