Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. My name is Carlos and I am new to this as well as new to driving and owning my first motorcycle. I purchased a 1981 Kawasaki kz750 and already started riding and practicing it on my own. Even though I figured buying a 750 would be alittle too much since I never had previous experience let alone being my first, I took the chance and I’m already getting the hang of it. Dropped it once due to the weight and me being unbalanced but I guess it happens to everyone ? Lol.

EDIT: Introduction separated from problem. Hopefully it can show just how easy it is and it gets post count up. Easier for the originator than any moderator though. hint hint :thumbsup:

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Other members do like to know they are welcoming a real person so thanks
for letting us know a little about yourself.:smile: Normally just a few more
posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site will open to you. This is the sites
spambot control. Unfortunately it is needed today. But you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege
to be able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow
gets around that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,531 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello there! I am also new to riding ? I just purchased a 2017 Indian Scout Sixty back in December and have been riding ever since. I haven't necessarily "dropped" the bike yet however have gently put it down lol. I turned too slow I guess and the weight of the bike got to me so I had to just put it down rather then straining my back trying to keep it up. It was a lot of power at first but it's extremely lightweight and is great for riding

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
It's good that you let it go ahead and drop. There are many that strain to keep their bike up and end up wishing they didn't. Glad you like the Scout. It's a great machine. Not one I'd recommend for a newbie but if it worked for you, that's great. I wish I fit on one. I can't even test ride one.:grin:

·
Registered
607 Posts
There is a "point of no return" when a bike starts to tip, and to fight it beyond that rarely ends well. The old saying is true -- there are 2 types of bikers, those who've dropped their bike and those who will!

Welcome!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does it count if I already dropped one when I was like 14? I'd like to not on the road. LOL. But I guess it happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I only ever dropped dirt bikes (but not from the weight, more from recklessness, haha). Anyway, that's a fairly heavy bike but once you get more used to it, you should be fine. Be careful out there!

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's good that you let it go ahead and drop. There are many that strain to keep their bike up and end up wishing they didn't. Glad you like the Scout. It's a great machine. Not one I'd recommend for a newbie but if it worked for you, that's great. I wish I fit on one. I can't even test ride one.:grin:

Great advice. Physics is a bitch and fighting it can be a bad idea.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas, to both of you, and please be careful. When you feel like you got the hang of it, that's when overconfidence will creep up on you and bite you on the potooti. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you guys for all the advice ? it's not necessarily so much the weight it's because I'm very short so I'm kind tippy toeing when I come to stops so when it comes to trying to hold up the bike it's hard when I can only put one foot down at a time ? I don't think I can lower it more than it already is without taking the risk of hitting every speed bump as I go over it. I've tried wearing boots with a bit of a little heel but that causes issues for shifting. Any advice?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts