Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,
Was looking to get a cruiser , my husband and I looked at a vulcan 1600 mean streak, is beautiful , one owner, low mileage, great condition and a good price. I'm 150 , 5'3. I dont know if I should get it since is so heavy . Some people say no, others say get it let your husband use it in the meantime , get a small cheap one and once you're used to maneuvering a bike , move up to the mean streak. What do u guys think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always recommend starting small and cheap. Learn the basics, learn what you like, get some experience, and then move up.
Thank you. That is what I plan on doing, but I am wondering if you think someone my size will ever be comfortable riding a Vulcan mean streak. If so, I can buy the one we looked at and my husband can ride it until I can move up into it. If it's just simply too big for me to ever be comfortable on it, we will have to pass on it.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,889 Posts
You won't know until you actually sit on it. Once you do is it comfortable for you to hold up at a stand still? That will tell you if you will be able to ride it.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I've seen plenty of women your size riding full-dress Harleys, so you could probably handle the Vulcan, it's just a matter of not letting it tip. If you do, there are techniques to get it back on the rubber. One tip, if it leans a lot on the side stand: put your right foot on the rider peg on the right, not the ground, and it will right a lot more easily. I learned to do this with my 900+lb Valkyrie, and it saves my back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.