Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks!

Name is Mike. 61-years-old, retired construction worker (build custom furniture now), and I took our weekend BRC on September 11th. Can't say I was never on a bike before because I sat on one in 1969! The BRC was absolutely amazing! It should be a part of any State's Driver's Education Program!

Other than the outstanding Rider Coaches, I have a friend who is nothing less than an excellent mentor in motorcycle riding. He patiently guides me with sound advice and suggestions and I appreciate that. I will get my gear this winter and begin looking for a bike in the Spring. Actually, that's incorrect. I'll get most of my big gear next week. Already know the jacket I want (my buddy lent me his Olympia Dakar textile jacket and it fits me well) and will get a nice modular helmet, see if I measured my noggin correctly, and go from there. I am in no hurry.

This forum is very helpful. Sage advice from seasoned riders is always the best advice. Thanks for your time!

Anyhoo, I'll continue to read, learn, and apply what I can now until that first warmish day in Spring. Then, I will repeat the process again, again, and again.......

Have a great day wherever you may be!

Mike

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Welcome from Daytona.

I spent some time in SW Michigan several years ago. Ka'zoo and Three Rivers mostly. Good memories! (But I wouldn't want to live there.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the shout!

Got a cousin in Daytona.....crazy guy....."windsurfer" he says. I think he just forgets to tie things down when the hurricanes come through....

Yeah, those cities are on the other side of the state from me. Probably do have some redeeming qualities, but, like I mentioned.....they're on the other side of the state. My eyes (and my bike I don't have yet) head more north....

Welcome from Daytona.

I spent some time in SW Michigan several years ago. Ka'zoo and Three Rivers mostly. Good memories! (But I wouldn't want to live there.)

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. You do know you have joined a group of addicts don't you??? :D Hope you get that bike soon. Michigan has some wonderful places to ride!

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the Forum. You do know you have joined a group of addicts don't you??? :D Hope you get that bike soon. Michigan has some wonderful places to ride!

I am fully aware of the addicts.....I believe I will blend in just fine.

Thanks for all the Welcomes! Going to be a great ride here! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts