Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, first time poster, and beginner rider...

I purchased my first bike yesterday, a 2007 Honda VTX 1300 C.. I think I got a good deal. Has 5100 miles, a very nice Mustang custom seat, windshield, Saddlemen saddlebags, battery tender, Cobra tachometer, Cobra paddle footrests for rider and passenger... Paid $4400 OTD. I don't have a M license yet, have to take the class here in Illinois, but I brought a buddy with me who test rode it.

He said that if I didn't buy this bike, he was going to. Said it was the smoothest riding bike he has ever rode. I got on it and it felt like it balanced out really well for me, the seat was extremely comfortable. I normally would not have shelled out that kind of cash on an item that I couldn't test out myself, but I felt good about this one. What do you all think? Fair price?

B

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm not familiar with pricing on the VTX, especially in your area, but that price doesn't seem that far out of line. The important part is that you are happy with it. Nice looking rig and you have that new rider, new owner grin. Ride the snot out of it and have fun!

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Nice looking bike.

2. I think that's a fair price given the low miles.

3. Important - it looks like they used some product to make the front and rear tires glossy. I would remove that. That can make the tire slick and you can lose traction when you lean into a turn, which can make you wipe out. I've seen it happen. Glossy tires on a bike look good, but can be dangerous.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats on your new VTX -- I've never had one, but a friend had one for some years; rode it all over the U.S., then through much of central America for a few years and eventually eastern Africa for a year before he traded it... a durable and apparently fairly easy to maintain bike...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts