Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm not entirely new to motorcycles, but this is the first motorcycle that I will actually be able to drive. My first bike was a 1982 Yamaha xs850 I got when I was 18, I'm now 19, so I don't have much experience with the electrical aspect. I spent countless hours on a very small apartment porch disassembling and reassembling but never could figure out the electrical.

Some info on the DR250. The owner last had it registered in 2013 and it's in great shape and everything mechanical is in working order. The only thing that's wrong with it is it won't spark. It has a baja designs street legal kit on it, and it seems the regulator is bad. the wires coming from it are discolored and internally burnt. I ordered a new regulator as well as the little battery pack that is mounted on the headlight kit. My only problem is I don't know how the wiring is supposed to be layed out and I don't want to kill the new parts by wiring them incorrectly. If someone could help me with a wiring diagram showing me what goes where. E.g magneto, CDI, ignition coil, regulator, kill switch, ect. I am willing to pay money to someone who can really help me get the bike going. This is my dream bike and there's nothing I want more than to register this bike and hit the roads.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.