Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Nice bike, though I'm extremely biased having owned two (2010 and 2013) Suzuki Boulevard M50s. But I do think that the C50 is a fantastic mid-sized cruiser, fit panniers and a top box and you've got a great small tourer.

Ride safely and enjoy the ride. As for detailing, nah - get on it and put some miles on the odometer! I was always a rider not a cleaner, my philosophy was that the airstream would blow away any dirt. That mightn't have happened but it was a good excuse to be on the seat with the asphalt under the heels.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike! The M50 is a great all around bike and capable of doing it all:grin:

I bought a new one for my Son in 2002, when it was called the 'Velusia" and we bought a MUSTANG large touring seat, Suzuki OEM windshield, passenger backrest and luggage rack and it was just about as good as it gets:smile_big:

Enjoy!:smile:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fellow C50 rider here. I used to spend too much cleaning mine too but got tired of it. I ride a lot more than I clean and some of the chrome has suffered for it. Frankly I'm tired of chrome.

Anyways, it's a solid bike, good in most aspects just not a superstar in any. I have mine setup for 2-up trips and it does the job, just not quickly. Being my 1st bike it has served me very well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice bike, though I'm extremely biased having owned two (2010 and 2013) Suzuki Boulevard M50s. But I do think that the C50 is a fantastic mid-sized cruiser, fit panniers and a top box and you've got a great small tourer.
I was wondering today what's the difference between a C50 and M50.

As members of the same Boulevard cruiser model line, the C50 and M50 are actually quite similar. Both feature an 805cc engine and a relatively light weight (around 650 pounds for the C50, under 600 for the M50). Besides weighing less, the M50 is a slightly more powerful motorcycle with 56 horsepower as opposed to the C50's 53 and 69 Nm of torque instead of 62.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was wondering today what's the difference between a C50 and M50.

As members of the same Boulevard cruiser model line, the C50 and M50 are actually quite similar. Both feature an 805cc engine and a relatively light weight (around 650 pounds for the C50, under 600 for the M50). Besides weighing less, the M50 is a slightly more powerful motorcycle with 56 horsepower as opposed to the C50's 53 and 69 Nm of torque instead of 62.
I've heard the C50 only achieves 45 hp. I've got a Bully controller, intake and exhaust and that might get me up to 50 hp from my understanding. Not much power out of such a heavy bike and one of my main gripes with it. My dad had a Vulcan 750 in the mid 80's and it put out 65 hp I think. It would easily lift the front wheel and that was with a shaft drive.

·
Visionary
5,245 Posts
Nice Bike! I always thought the Boulevards look really nice! Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
SkySearch005, the C50 and M50 are mechanically identical from 2010 onward, before that the M50 had slight crank and timing differences I think, but in 2010 Suzuki made them mechanically identical. Before 2010 the M50 had a more sports bike rear mudguard with a flick up, quite a distinct change from the 2009 model to the 2010.

The difference is in style, the C50 is classic cruiser with a wide front mudguard, wide back mudguard with a ducks arse flare, and has foot plates. The M50 has a slight bobbed look, from 2010 it has a narrower front mudguard and a lighter look back mudguard with a triangular rear light cluster. The M50 always seemed slightly lighter to me, and I've always been a pegs type of guy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Actually, it is a good idea to give your ride a good 'detail' cleaning once a month or so. Along with a visual before you go for a ride, a thorough detail will give you a close up inspection of what may be wrong with your ride. Loose nuts and bolts, cables and lines chafing, leaks, that sort of thing. As far as actual cleaning? Meh. Wiper her down and ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts