Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Critter sent me a private message questioning my signature line. Which was changed almost 2 weeks ago by Dodsfall. So this coming Wednesday I will have been the owner for 2 weeks of a 2016 Indian Roadmaster. Hands down the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. And as a bonus it has power to spare. I only have 3 pictures of it so here they are. I gave Critter a sneak peak already so now he'll see the rest. But Critter was the first to spot the signature. Sorry Critter, no prize.:D

Took an extra week because of the artwork but was worth it to me. Makes it unique if the color wasn't enough. Anyway, way to go Critter.:thumbsup:

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Congrats Hog! That is an absolutely gorgeous bike. I love the look of that saddle. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks doc. I spent several weeks waiting on it. I required a few things that aren't standard on these but the wait was worth it. Just hard to do. Wait that is. My 1985 Harley Electra Glide was the last bike that felt really good and this bike has it beat by a little more.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
So funny. You had the exact bike we now have. And now you bought the exact bike we were very close to buying, right down to the color. Except we were going to get a black leather seat (not normally an option, but dealer was willing to deal). We test rode the Roadmaster and it was our unanimous favorite, surpassing the new Ultra by a fair margin, in our opinion. You ain't joking about power to spare. Especially roll on power at highway speeds. You can pass other vehicles in a blink of an eye without even downshifting.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
I love the tan leather, that is a great looking bike. Don't usually like blue on a bike but that is beautiful, especially the art work. Good job.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So funny. You had the exact bike we now have. And now you bought the exact bike we were very close to buying, right down to the color. Except we were going to get a black leather seat (not normally an option, but dealer was willing to deal). We test rode the Roadmaster and it was our unanimous favorite, surpassing the new Ultra by a fair margin, in our opinion. You ain't joking about power to spare. Especially roll on power at highway speeds. You can pass other vehicles in a blink of an eye without even downshifting.
That's wild!!! And you are so right. I had to test ride several times between the new Ultra and the Roadmaster just to be sure because until now, a Harley has been the only bike that fit me. My wife even noticed the difference ride behind in the car that the Indian now fit me even better. She said the Ultra's looked like I was scrunched up on them.

I honestly didn't think ANYTHING could be better than a Harley. Was I ever wrong. Now the Victory's were okay but that's the end. They are like Chevy compared to Cadillac. And power? I had the opportunity to test ride a Chieftain with Stage 1 and then a stock Roadmaster.

My bike now has Stage 1 as well. So if you thought the stock Roadmast was good, this thing knocks it out of the ballpark. I can't get off the throttle fast enough to keep it under a hundred rolling on at 70mph in 6th. It's there before I can back off. It is sweet!

My poor wife had to drive the car though to bring home all the extra parts from the Stage 1. That's just in case I need it own the line with the crazy controlling government. Also have a couple parts I need to sell that I took off the 07. WheelDock EZ Up Centerstand and Superchips Vigilanty controller. I'll be putting them on the marketplace at some point.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the tan leather, that is a great looking bike. Don't usually like blue on a bike but that is beautiful, especially the art work. Good job.
When I saw this color in the brochure it looked ugly to me. And even these pictures don't do it justice. Close but in person it looks much better. I wasn't even considering this color until I saw it up close. It's actual one of the vintage colors they pearled.

And we had to wait an extra week on the artwork but I wanted to make sure there wasn't another like it anywhere. As it turns out, the guy that did the work got yet another job when he delivered the parts so the dealer could put them back on. Still won't be another just like it though.

Yeah, I'm real pleased with the whole thing. Not so much the payments.:(

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
My bike now has Stage 1 as well. So if you thought the stock Roadmast was good, this thing knocks it out of the ballpark. I can't get off the throttle fast enough to keep it under a hundred rolling on at 70mph in 6th. It's there before I can back off. It is sweet!
Our dealer's 2015 demo bike was the ugly red and cream two tone (my opinion), but it had the stage one exhaust and mufflers installed. She sounded sweet and moved like a rocket. During the test ride with my wife on back, we came up to a slow truck in the left lane. After realizing he wasn't going to move over I juiced the throttle and passed on the right. That rocket of a bike went from 60 to 90 in what seemed like a second. I was caught off guard and the impressive roll on power.

My wife absolutely loved the passenger accommodations. Said the seat was by far the best she's sat on.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Beautiful Bike hogcowboy!!:71baldboy:
Now......for the question about your forum handle.:confused:..Is it gonna be cowboyindian? or indiancowboy?? Or...??
Regards:biggrin:
Ed

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, it's made for two, no getting around that. So you saw the power. It surprised me as well. That alone didn't sell me on it though. The ride was just so smooth compared to the Ultra(s). That's what sold me. Just like some said about a Vision. I felt the Roadmaster beat it by a little at least and maybe by a fair margin. But there was the fit and finish there that went to Indian as well. All in all it was fun to once again be testing so many different bikes. I hadn't done any of that in several years. And there had been some nice changes that did notice. I'm sure you noticed too Lurch.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful Bike hogcowboy!!:71baldboy:
Now......for the question about your forum handle.:confused:..Is it gonna be cowboyindian? or indiancowboy?? Or...??
Regards:biggrin:
Ed
Well for here it's going to stay just the way it is. This site has changed the rules so I can't change my little hog and I like him. But on the Indian sites I'm already known as Injuncowboy just in case you stumble onto some strange dude that might sound familiar. Will I ever get things changed here? Don't know. Haven't pushed it. So for now no change. I'm still known as hogcowboy on the road anyway so doubtful that will ever change. Road names you earn through circumstances so time will tell.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
My only complaint about the bike was the $1000 price increase with no significant changed between the '15 and '16 models. The lack of a GPS enabled screen is a bit disappointing. That's the only edge the Ultra had for me. The "BOOM!" system on the HD was amazing. But when it came down to it, it wasn't enough to turn me away from the *****. We were only a couple months away from placing our deposit on the Roady before my relative gave us the deal on our HD. I still think we'll own an Indian after we wear this one out.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
One of the guys over at the Indian forum photoshopped a black seat on the blue bike for me, this is what we would have had, if we bought the Indian. It was funny, because my wife wasn't accepting the blue color until she saw it with the black seat. She was set on the standard black colored bike with brown leather before this.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those items would sway a person for sure. I guess the fact I don't use GPS and use helmet speakers made those things a non issue for me. The one thing I've been watch very VERY close are problems incurred with the different bikes. I nearly went with a Victory Cross Country Tour but when Indian came back on the scene with Polaris and has had so few problems, I went with a bit of a dream of mine. My granddad used to race Indians so I always wanted one for sentimental reasons. I hope it doesn't bite me. But I doubt anything can be as bad as my 85 Harley anyway so it's only up from there.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One of the guys over at the Indian forum photoshopped a black seat on the blue bike for me, this is what we would have had, if we bought the Indian. It was funny, because my wife wasn't accepting the blue color until she saw it with the black seat. She was set on the standard black colored bike with brown leather before this.
I like it. I wonder how long you can hold out now.:D

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
When riding an Indian, what would you say is the most distinctive characteristic about the Indian, that gives it it's own character, aside from the body features that are obviously "Indian?"

-soupy

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When riding an Indian, what would you say is the most distinctive characteristic about the Indian, that gives it it's own character, aside from the body features that are obviously "Indian?"

-soupy
Not sure I can say yet. Maybe it's the crowds it gathers. I can't go anywhere that I don't end up with 3 or more people asking questions. Never had that before on anything. I'm not the outgoing kind and this is bugging me a tad. Not used to attention. It's weird to say the least.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts