Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting a 2005 Honda VTX 1300. Don't know much about them except that it is carbureted. This is to replace my wife's bike which was a V Star 1100. She had a guy pull out in front of her about a month ago. She broke her wrist and is healing well. She had a 2003 VLX 600 which she loved and was always dependable. Im going to check it out on Saturday and just wanted to know if there is anything I should look for that is a common problem. It has 10k miles and looks in great shape. He's asking $2500 for it. From what I've seen it seems like a good deal. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
There is almost a cult like following of the VTX's. There are a couple of forums dedicated to them with tons of good information. If I remember correctly, there is a place called George's Garage or something like that, but he has some nice additions you might want to look into to make that cold blooded machine act better. I just got mine working great when I crashed it so it's gone and I given you all I can remember about those 1300 VTX's. The 1800 VTX is fuel injected and there is good natured jabs between the two groups. But yeah, have fun with it. It's a darn good machine. You might get lucky and the previous owners has done all the tricks. Mine was an 05 but is history in some scrap heap somewhere.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,305 Posts
Welcome to the forum David!

The VTX1300 is a fantastic bike, I had 2 brand new ones, both 2007 C models, one for me and one for my Son.

I liked it better than my new 2003 VTX1800R, aside from them having less power and torque, I felt the 1300 was just better balanced and just a good all around bike!

They are also a single crank pin which makes them sound really good with a set of cans, like the Vance & Hines 'Long shots!'

They also seem to be very reliable and are easy to maintain.

Sam:grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts