Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't Stand the OEM Pipes any Longer on the Scout so went with Xchopper Slip Ons which I think are Emgo's with a special fit and baffle .. But the Looks and Sound are greatly Improved and a Great Bang for the Buck at $255.00 ..
Quite Happy with them would probably be too loud for some but for me they sound just fine .. Give a Better Air Gap for the Saddlebag as well and they are not getting as hot internally as they were ..

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I scrolled to the first picture and thought, "Holy crap, Joe's getting radical! Those suckers are SHORT! I bet they...."

<Next picture>

"Oh, he wasn't done installing yet..."

LOL.

·
American Legion Rider
23,691 Posts
Not only better sound but I think they look better.:thumbsup:

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the compliments .. More to Come, while there are no signs of it running lean have still ordered a Power Commander V as the Next Step to ensure have proper Combustion and Performance ..

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Figured you would have ordered the Carb Kit when you ordered the Pipes...........they go hand in hand, yes?

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
23,691 Posts
Normally you can change mufflers without having to change tuning. I suspect Gater maybe thinking in the future or just being cautious so as to not burn the valves in case it's already way too lean.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Normally you can change mufflers without having to change tuning. I suspect Gater maybe thinking in the future or just being cautious so as to not burn the valves in case it's already way too lean.
As long as you don't open up the air cleaner. But I doubt this is a stopping point for Gator.:icon_cool:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1mVjD2BZA

Best Sound Clip could find on them .. Hope to do one of my own but with my Cheap Camera didn't go too well ..
Sounds nice.

A couple questions.

1. I know you checked, what did it sound like with no mufflers?

2. Something I can't get from a video, are these semi-loud or loud? Example for loud would be screamin eagle II's on a sportster or V&H on a Kaw 900

Of course it doesn't matter, it looks like they make them for Indian Scout and a bunch of Honda's. But maybe someday they will make them for Yamaha Stryker or Kaw 900.

All the semi-loud I've heard on a Kaw 900 sound like a pop gun on rapid fire inside a tin can. Semi-loud on Yamaha 1300's sounds better, but still not like yours.

·
American Legion Rider
23,691 Posts
For a YouTube sound bite that's darn good. Bet they sound much better in person though.:thumbsup:

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well things Happen as they say .. Will try to get to the point without writing a book about it .. KevinX a well known Victory Guru has opened an Independent Shop Near me and Had a Set of New Aeromachs made for the Scout and Called and told me Come try these so can have them on my Dyno for future reference .. So Long Story Short .. I now have the Aeromachs Installed as they are a better quality pipe and More Mellow sound but a long ways from Quiet if you get on the Throttle .. The Xchoppers were not that bad except I leave at 5AM a lot and think some neighbors wouldn't be too happy with this.. The Aeromachs are subtle unless give them a good punch .. On the Dyno the Readouts were near Identical and there is no Tuner or Stage Card on this run is strictly Bone Stock Headers with Slip Ons Only .. Reads about 2-3 HP Over Stock Dynos I've seen and about 4-5 Gain in Torque .. Yet the Fuel A/F is still acceptible but have a PCV coming to get that even better ..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts