Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gang! Forum noob here from Manitoba.

I started riding when I was 15. My first set of wheels was a Honda 50 (1964) which I traded for a 305 Superhawk a couple of years later. After a long hiatus, I got back on two wheels in my 30s with a Harley FLH until an economic down-turn forced me to sell the Hog.

I have done a LOT of mechanical work and restored/built a few farm machines but I had always longed to rebuild a classic motorcycle but they were WAY out of my price range!

Just this week I ran into a Honda 50, C100, for a song, found out that a profusion of original and re-pro parts were available for them. It runs good and mainly just needs to be "brought back a bit". You could say I have "returned to my roots". :wink:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Glad to hear you were finally able to get back into riding. Have fun restoring her beauty.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Sorry, I don't have enough posts to be able to post pictures.
Oh yea, well it wont take long DianneB:)
After you get the 15 needed, please post some pics of the bike!:icon_cool:
I have been sorta up your way before, I spent a year on an isolated Radar site in "Port Austin" ,MI. at the Tip of the thumb a long time ago, back around 1973
Ed

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada! You'll find a lot of smart people on this site that are ready to lend an eye/ear to any tech questions.

Would love to see the bike! You might be able to post a small photo as your avatar,, just a thought! Or,, keep posting! #15 will come up b4 U know it!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome gang!

This should be my 3rd post so at least I can start a thread in the "Vintage" section for my rebuild.

Ya'll just gonna haffta wait for the pictures though :(

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The Superhawk was basically a naked Dream. Mine was tough as nails. I regularly wound that puppy up to 11,500 RPM and could never blow it up, it just happily came back for more. The mufflers rusted out so I put a set of upturned megaphones on it, looked real nice.

·
Registered
370 Posts
OK vet, so how is the rebuild coming?
I'm not sure what you mean. My GS1000E has been ready for prime time for a long time but I'm always doing something with it. I have an ongoing project to replace all the OEM plugs with the Furukawa waterproof connectors. There is a C model seat that has had the seat pan welded where it was cracked that I added some thin foam to waiting for a new seat cover and spoke set of wheels waiting in the wings for when I wear my current tires and chain out. The only major change planned soon is to replace my fuse box with a SolidState PowerBox that a member on my other forum is manufacturing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts