Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new old bike has been places. Nevada Arizona area in 105 degrees.
These days it sits in a garage near Vancouver BC, gathering dust.
Has been sitting for ten years or more. Brakes have jammed on, do not know if the engine will turn over. Tyres are almost flat.

Under the dust is a mint 1980 Yamaha XS1100G, with about 20,000 miles on it.
It is in show room condition. It will be mine, papers are signed. Waiting for a the day to come, for the current owner.
Bike has a Vetter fairing with lowers and a high window, rear bags and box.
Seat is inside the main house and is mint. Forks and chrome fenders and exhaust, show no rust spots.

Will take some work to get it running, but when I do, it will be the two up fair weather bike. Current Yami will get the side car duty, the XS400 will still be the winter bike, and the SV1000 will be the solo summer bike.
Might eventually run the Midnight Special, quite non stock. Red frame and all.

I will also be getting a motorcycle trailer and a few other items.
It is a strange feeling accepting these items from a guy who will soon die. He is also Shirley's first husband. She has never been on this bike. They had divorced prior to its purchase.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
Well, Unkle Crusty, I have to admire the way you are able to handle this whole experience so graciously. Kudos to you! As far as the dispensation of the bike... seems like it couldn't find a better home.

I can identify with the odd feeling of receiving things from someone who is dying. A close friend gifted me a few nice things his kids didn't want. Getting them before he died just didn't seem right.

·
Vintage Rider
376 Posts
What a great parting gift, I'm sure you'll enjoy bringing it back into riding shape, as that is part of the fun!:)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
You have been a great support to Shirley, who l am sure has had a lot of emotions and old feelings and everything in between whirling around her poor head. Many of us are not good at accepting gifts. I am not good at it. I always want to give the other person something as well. So in my mind, accept it with grace and you will be giving him a great gift.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done deal.

Larry was fried, then planted on 06 July. Cremated and buried for the politically correct.
I did two van and trailer loads, with mostly tools and of course the bike.
Built a new structure on my 15 X 10 deck to store everything. While I was at it I dismantled my container, and gave away most of the furniture. I have some outside work to finish on the new structure, but it is weather proof and secure.

The container was sitting on the site for the future cottage. The deck will be movable on two plastic drainage pipes.

Now I will unload the last pieces from the van. I built many shelves to store everything. Next week I will start loading gear on the boat, and failing any other delays, we will set sail soon.

Will fire up the new XS11 some time this fall.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts