Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is The Narrator. I am a new member.

I live in rural northern Nevada and it's been a long time since I've ridden motorcycles. I want to begin riding again so I've started with buying a good helmet and armored jacket, both in hi viz yellow. Soon I will begin taking MSF classes when I find any within a four hour drive, then I will get a motorcycle license, and then I will buy a used motorcycle.

Looking cool or like I stepped of a set of a television program does not interest me. I want to learn how to ride to the best of my ability and avoid getting hit by people in cars and trucks. Risk management is always in the back of my mind when I do anything but especially potentially dangerous things like riding motorcycles.

That's pretty much it. I've already learned a lot from browsing this forum and I expect to learn much more by becoming an active participant. Have a good one.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Oh hey! A rider that's relatively close to me! And it sounds like you've actually got a lot of the same riding mindset as I do. I have to admit I do enjoy looking cool, but it takes a back seat to not dying.

Welcome.

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The BRC is a great place to start. The most valuable things I got from it was learning to keep my head on a swivel and looking for escape routes.

·
Six-String Jockey
1,860 Posts
Welcome from Reno! Check out Shredder's Stable in the Vintage Forum section to see what some of your Reno cousins are doing. Ride safely!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts