·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love Motorcycles?

Want to work on your own bikes?

Want to be your own boss?

Want to open your own Shop?

These are things that are a possibility for you after you complete the program at CC Motorcycle Academy.

CC Motorcycle Academy is an all-inclusive 6 week program that is designed to expedite students' knowledge and understanding of Motorcycles. Its objective is for students to graduate feeling comfortable to tackle major, and minor repairs. We also inspire leadership, work ethic, and creativity. This course is exposing students to multiple roles in a motorcycle shop, while giving them real world scenarios that help them understand the functions that are the backbone of the industry. You and the other students design, and build a custom motorcycle together during the course. We are the only school providing this kind of training.

Enroll Today Classes Start January 11,2016

CC Motorcycle Academy is located at 598 Garden Hwy, ST 7, Yuba City, CA, 95991
530-813-9193
ccmotorcycleacademy.com

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
I think I'd be in information overload in just 6 weeks.:)

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Want to be your own boss?
Hell no! That guy is too picky, wants work done perfectly using zero-profit RockAuto.com or salvage parts and expects it done right the first time! Without greasy handprints left on the tank or pipes, ALL bolts put back in, and any fasteners broken off or stripped re-tapped properly. If you take a greasy part off, he wants it cleaned, even polished before it's re-installed. NOBODY could make a living working for him!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes all in six weeks. The program was designed to make things more simplified, easy to understand, and able comprehend in the six week program. The program is Monday-Friday

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Wow, all that in only six weeks?

:coffeescreen:

Just think of all those years of training and work experience you wasted getting to where you are :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How long do you spend on flash-tuning EFI systems and getting the most out of the fewest dyno runs?
We are the only school in the world with a strong emphasis on vintage and custom work. Typically anytime you purchase aftermarket performance mods for your efi system it will come with software that will allow you to adjust it from your laptop. I have also had some manual adjustable pro ignition kits that allow you to play with different settings by hand. In my professional opinion all a dyno does is make the rider feel better about the money he or she just spent. Event though I am certified to operate the dyno and have worked for multiple shops that operate the dyno I think its a waist of money. I tune all my bikes on the street using my senses that is what I will recommend my students do. This is boot-camp for motorcycles not everyone can afford a 50,000-100,000$ dyno. All the bikes we build in our program start out as rusty piles of garbage 30 plus years old nothing new or simulated.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Do you have any idea how obnoxious it is to only come in here to post about your dubious school? If was up to me, I'd delete your thread and ban you.
Kinda like saying I've read your forum and I'm better than any of you and I can take your money to prove it. While all along we have trades people donating their time and years of experience. Yeah, I saw that too.;)

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Soupy is gonna sit back with a big bowl of popcorn, and watch Eye give this guy an education....

-soupy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have any idea how obnoxious it is to only come in here to post about your dubious school? If was up to me, I'd delete your thread and ban you.
We are sorry you feel that way. Our school is trying to give back to the communities and give people the chance who don't have the funds to go to schools like MMI AND PSI another option. We are trying to preserve the vintage motorcycles in the world. It is sad that people are taking this the wrong way. Good luck to all of you in your ventures.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Typically anytime you purchase aftermarket performance mods for your efi system it will come with software that will allow you to adjust it from your laptop. I have also had some manual adjustable pro ignition kits that allow you to play with different settings by hand. In my professional opinion all a dyno does is make the rider feel better about the money he or she just spent.

Event though I am certified to operate the dyno and have worked for multiple shops that operate the dyno I think its a waist of money. I tune all my bikes on the street using my senses that is what I will recommend my students do.
-I agree that in some cases a dyno run isn't needed. For many average riders who are just switching pipes and breather and wanting a little more noticeable "Umph" an aftermarket tuner and it's attendant software can get "close enough" to satisfy some riders. However, many riders prefer a better tune and "close enough" isn't "good enough."

-Yes, with data logging software and enough time spent riding around under various conditions and making many, many adjustments, you can tune an EFI system very well, but a dyno run is quicker, more accurate, and saves time and money for the customer.

-As for the manual adjust units, they are good for "close enough" as long as you're experienced with tuning and with that particular brand of tuner and bike. The biggest problem with them is you have absolutely no data feedback and you're doing it completely by seat of the pants feel. Now, you may be that good, but your students won't be. Not after 6 weeks. Heck, the 250i course used to be 5 days just by itself. The only thing your students will be able to do is fu(k up a tune.

-And just for a comparison in courses, MMI and Wyotech take about 2 years, cost about $22,000, and will produce a graduate that may get hired as an entry level tech assigned to doing PDI's and oil changes and sweeping up the shop. Your course suggests that after 6 weeks a graduate can open his own shop or get a great job working on bikes. It's hard enough for an MMI graduate to get a job, much less someone who comes through a 6 week course that isn't accredited by any motorcycle manufacturer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
-I agree that in some cases a dyno run isn't needed. For many average riders who are just switching pipes and breather and wanting a little more noticeable "Umph" an aftermarket tuner and it's attendant software can get "close enough" to satisfy some riders. However, many riders prefer a better tune and "close enough" isn't "good enough."

-Yes, with data logging software and enough time spent riding around under various conditions and making many, many adjustments, you can tune an EFI system very well, but a dyno run is quicker, more accurate, and saves time and money for the customer.

-As for the manual adjust units, they are good for "close enough" as long as you're experienced with tuning and with that particular brand of tuner and bike. The biggest problem with them is you have absolutely no data feedback and you're doing it completely by seat of the pants feel. Now, you may be that good, but your students won't be. Not after 6 weeks. Heck, the 250i course used to be 5 days just by itself. The only thing your students will be able to do is fu(k up a tune.

-And just for a comparison in courses, MMI and Wyotech take about 2 years, cost about $22,000, and will produce a graduate that may get hired as an entry level tech assigned to doing PDI's and oil changes and sweeping up the shop. Your course suggests that after 6 weeks a graduate can open his own shop or get a great job working on bikes. It's hard enough for an MMI graduate to get a job, much less someone who comes through a 6 week course that isn't accredited by any motorcycle manufacturer.
The instructor/owner is a Veteran who has been to all the Motorcycle schools and has worked in many shops and has many years of experience. This is his life and is trying to do something better for his family. If people have a problem with that then that just shows what type of person they are. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but until you actually go to the school you cant really say that the students wouldn't be able to do things right. We are just trying to get the name out there and like I said give people an option to do something they will love doing.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
The instructor/owner is a Veteran who has been to all the Motorcycle schools and has worked in many shops and has many years of experience. This is his life and is trying to do something better for his family. If people have a problem with that then that just shows what type of person they are. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but until you actually go to the school you cant really say that the students wouldn't be able to do things right. We are just trying to get the name out there and like I said give people an option to do something they will love doing.
Oh, so the course is free and you are just helping them along in pursuit of their career. Well that would be different than you just getting your own wallet fat.

·
14,300 Posts
CAN you feel the love here :)

·
14,300 Posts
PS. CC if you had come here, gave a background of your experience and offered to help others instead of trying to find students for your school, the reception would have been entirely different.

Then after a bunch of post helping others, you could mention the school as a way to learn.

Just my humble opinion, others may vary

1 - 20 of 30 Posts