Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Nightfly
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KRQE-TV in Albuquerque reports that Cottonwood Classical Preparatory School students voted online this week for the theme. Cottonwood director Obenshain says the school's students are in the international Baccalaureate program and are very academically focused.

Maybe so, but they are not very well educated. Maybe next year they will have an Auschwitz themed prom.

·
American Legion Rider
18,599 Posts
"voted" for a Communism theme. Kind of ironic.
Would be interesting to hear just what they think communism is. They'll soon get the taste of it with attitudes like this though. And to think we had cover your head bombing drills and very worried about communism. These morons want to welcome it. I'm so not impressed with our education system.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
That's what I was wondering too: What do they think it is?

Okay, first let's set up a network of informers and encourage your friends to spy on you...

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I guess it saves all the hassle of having a prom committee. The Principal can just tell you who your date will be, what you will wear, what music will be played, how you may dance to provided music, what food and drink will be served. When you arrive (not in a limo) you will smile for his propaganda photos. And when it's over you will thank him graciously, OR ELSE!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Communist Dance Par-T

So if it's "Each according to his needs, each according to her abilities" WHO has to dance with the fat chick?

Or THESE DAYS, the trans-sexual who USED to be right tackle on the football team...

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I guess since no one needs that much food, there should be no over weight people. Hey, maybe that's why Michelle O wants to control our diets. Not for health reasons, but to get us use to her husbands continuing march towards Communism. Didn't Marie Antionette say "Let them eat kale"?

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Maybe they are all fans of Wayne's World 2, and want their prom to be like that Russian themed nightclub "Commrades"

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Hell I give them a penny or two after they've already rung up a purchase and they can't make correct change anymore.

You think students who can't make simple change learned anything about world history or communism?

Even most educated Americans don't know that the Russians largely won World War II and America and Britain were by comparison bystanders who showed up at bar time.

20+ MILLION Russian casualties vs 500k US and British combined

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080929183844AADCqMv

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
If you want to compare the effectiveness of the Russian military in WW2 with that of the U.S. and UK, perhaps a better set of stats would be German losses to Russian troops instead of Russian losses.

By your standard, the Jews in the camps did more to stop WW2 than us.

·
Premium Member
6,536 Posts
Statistics

I was surprised to learn the number of opposition that the American Sniper killed, about 30 I think, compared to the WW2 Commie sniper. Over 400.
Lots more targets in WW2 I realize, was just surprised at the total number.

What if the school kids are planning a parody. Or if it is a commie event this time around, and something different next time.
I found it quite offensive, the way the commie leaders were also self appointed music critics. Prokokief was dumped on big time.
Guys like Horowich just moved out.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Nightfly
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was surprised to learn the number of opposition that the American Sniper killed, about 30 I think, compared to the WW2 Commie sniper. Over 400.
Lots more targets in WW2 I realize, was just surprised at the total number.

Unkle Crusty*
Don't know where you got your info but everything I've found is Chris Kyle had a minimum of 160 kills, many from incredible distance.

·
Premium Member
6,536 Posts

Don't know where you got your info but everything I've found is Chris Kyle had a minimum of 160 kills, many from incredible distance.
You are correct TR. Not sure where I got the lower number. Maybe it reflects what I thought would be quite a lot. 160 is a huge number.

Unkle Crusty*

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
If you want to compare the effectiveness of the Russian military in WW2 with that of the U.S. and UK, perhaps a better set of stats would be German losses to Russian troops instead of Russian losses
https://orangeraisin.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/did-the-red-army-defeat-the-third-reich/

Suggests 2.5 million Germans were killed by Russian troops and approximately 500,000 Germans killed by all other allied forces. These numbers seem to loosely correlate with #'s from several other sites that I looked at.

Even if the American G.I. Was 10 times more effective killing Germans then the average Russian soldier one would expect appx 2 million US and British casualties rather than the 500,000 incurred going back to my original argument

America and Great Britain's role in code breaking and bombing of German industry cannot be discounted, however I stand by my claim that the Russians did the bulk of the heavy lifting in World War II even using their troops as cannon fodder

This is intended in no way to demean the valor and sacrifices made by the American G.I.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
You are correct TR. Not sure where I got the lower number. Maybe it reflects what I thought would be quite a lot. 160 is a huge number.

Unkle Crusty*
I thought you meant the average American sniper in WW2, not Chris Kyle, because that comparison made more sense.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts