Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm Richard. I hail from Victoria BC Canada. I'm 48 married 3 kids, have 30 years in the navy and have been riding for the past 20 years.

I've ridden from Alaska to New Orleans and back, Australia, India, SE Asia and Hawaii.

I have owned Learn to Ride motorcycle training school for 7 years and instructing for 16.

My fleet consists primarily of 1990-92 Honda CB250 nighthawks, an 81 CM250, 2018 Suzuki Tu250 and a 2000 Suzuki GN 250.

I look forward to using the forum to troubleshoot and help others resolve issues because its one thing to own a bike its another to be able to ride well and even more so properly take care of your bike.

The GN I bought was owned by the previous owner for 2 years. Carb was full of gunk - he didn't know about fuel system cleaners. He dumped the bike trying to push start it from the wrong side, chain drooped horribly. I look forward to using this forum to educate and promote knowledge. Having said that I'm not a great mechanic, I just know a few things and believe in sharing of knowledge. Thank you

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,639 Posts
Welcome from Kansas!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello I'm Richard. I hail from Victoria BC Canada. I'm 48 married 3 kids, have 30 years in the navy and have been riding for the past 20 years.

I've ridden from Alaska to New Orleans and back, Australia, India, SE Asia and Hawaii.

I have owned Learn to Ride motorcycle training school for 7 years and instructing for 16.

My fleet consists primarily of 1990-92 Honda CB250 nighthawks, an 81 CM250, 2018 Suzuki Tu250 and a 2000 Suzuki GN 250.

I look forward to using the forum to troubleshoot and help others resolve issues because its one thing to own a bike its another to be able to ride well and even more so properly take care of your bike.

The GN I bought was owned by the previous owner for 2 years. Carb was full of gunk - he didn't know about fuel system cleaners. He dumped the bike trying to push start it from the wrong side, chain drooped horribly. I look forward to using this forum to educate and promote knowledge. Having said that I'm not a great mechanic, I just know a few things and believe in sharing of knowledge. Thank you
Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your overseas rides! Australia sounds like a great time.
Not gonna lie, I didn’t know Canada had a navy.:ROFLMAO: I appreciate your service, sir. 🇨🇦🇺🇸

·
American Legion Rider
22,069 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us😁

And thanks for the introduction. We all appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts

Very cool. Lots of us will be picking your brain :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum shipmate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts