Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I'm Harrington, not sure if I'm filling in the right box or not as I am a new member and joined a few minutes ago. I bought my first bike last June a non starter which I am currently restoring its a 1991 Yamaha Virago 535 which suits me fine as I have only got little legs (everything else is quite big it's just my legs that are a problem). I stripped the bike to the bone, cleaning everything as I went, then put it all back together again. It would not start until I found an on/off fuel switch and then hey ho started first time. I fitted a new exhaust system, two separate tubes, which was advertised as sounding like a Harley, but it sounds more like a Churchill tank with a blown exhaust. I'm not going to be very popular with the neighbours!

·
Zip
2,529 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio in the United States. Congrats on getting your new-to-you bike going. Turning on the fuel usually helps :)

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,550 Posts

Hello from the state of Maryland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.