Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello y’all,

My name is Andrew. I am 28 years old and I live in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona. However I’m originally from Louisiana and that’s where I truly call home. I recently bought a Harley sportster 48 special and I’m extremely excited to start riding. (First bike ever). Harleys run in the family so I decided to start small for now. I come here to first and foremost introduce myself a little bit and secondly to get some riding information that I don’t think I’ll find through the MSF beginner course. Thanks everybody!

·
American Legion Rider
26,039 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us?

·
American Legion Rider
26,039 Posts
Time to take a little road trip RG. Let us know how nice it is there when you get back. ha ha ha

·
Visionary
5,282 Posts
Welcome and right about now I think a lot of people wish they were located where you are...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate it y’all. It’s a nice time to be riding in Arizona. Hell most of the year is pretty nice riding here as long as you don’t mind the heat. Always blue skies though!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome from a city that's not too far from you :) (Tucson) Now is the time to get out and get some experience while the temperatures are amazing. Take it slow and be safe. Always be aware of your surroundings. It'll be a year next month that I started riding and I gotta say it is an amazing experience once you get everything down. Don't let any mishaps discourage you. My biggest problem was clutch control which resulted in stalling. But keep at it and you'll do great

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi Andrew. Welcome from another new member (I just joined moments ago!) and Welcome to your 2-wheel adventure. I lived in Phoenix for about 15 years and loved the heat. Now I'm just north of you in the White Mountain area. I'm impressed that you realize there is more about riding than the MSF course. The MSF Basic 2 day course is an excellent place to start, but there is so much more to learn and skill building ahead of you, there just isn't enough time in a 16 hour course to cover it all.

When you start to venture out for longer rides and if you want to hook-up to explore the roads in the Show Low area, I would be available to give you a tour of some of our local roads.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi and welcome from South Texas! Arizona is beautiful, though we have never seen Tuscon. I hope one day we will ride through Arizona, take our time, and explore it properly.

Great bike. It might seem like a lot at first, with all that torque. Keep your clutch ready on that one. The nice broad friction zone is a great benefit of those bikes. Plus they look fantastic and can take you anywhere and last forever.

Glad to have you and enjoy your adventure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts